Friday, January 21, 2005

Pop Tart and Beef Cake Save the World!

So after a night of terrible, terrible TV viewing, my post tonight started off as a scathing criticism of how bland and terrible TV is these days. Did I say TV was terrible yet? Then I channel surfed and half way through my long and whiny diatribe I find there is a Newlyweds marathon on MTV. Suddenly a wave of enjoyment passes over me and I completely lose the rant! It's like prozac or chocolate.
It's frightening, you know, how much I love this show and how many times I've seen each episode. I can't really explain why I love it so much, maybe there's just something about what a sweet, naive, dumb-ass Jessica is and that cheesy, mid-western charm Nick has that makes me smile. In fact I'm trying to write more but I just keep getting stuck watching the damn show. It's addictive.
Do you remember those Coke commercials from the 70's? Those I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony commercials, where everyone's drinking Coke and the Coke is causing everyone to co-exist in peace and harmony. Newlyweds has that effect on me and everyone else I know who watches the show. Maybe using the Coke principle we can use Newlyweds to make the world a better place.
Newlyweds is on til 5:00am this morning guess I know where I'll be til then.

Becca

No comments: