Sunday, December 18, 2005

Christmas is all Around

Since there's been so much Christmas music cross-blogging I thought it would be fun to mention some of my favorite Christmas novelty songs.

The Chipmunks Song by Alvin and the Chipmunks (A classic but still a novelty)

O Holy Night by Eric Cartman ("Oooooh ohhh night when I get presents!" Come on this is exactly what was going through your head on Christmas as a child.)

Christmas in the Stars by C-3PO & R2-D2 (George Lucas' Christmas gift to the world.)

Monster's Holiday by Bobby Boris Pickett (This little known sequel to The Monster Mash always makes me smile.)


I Saw Daddy Kissing Santa Claus by RuPaul (Too weird not to mention)

Dear Santa by The Vegetales (Ugh a Vegetales song? Yes! a vegetales song, I mean come on it's got a Viking in it.)

Christmas Is All Around by Billy Mack (Bill Nighy plays Billy Mack an aging rockster in the infectious movie Love Actually. This song is sung to the tune of Love is All Around but they've changed the loves to Christmas. So bad it's good.)


...and while we are at it, why not honor the worst of the worst here as well. Avoid these at all costs.

Thistle Hair The Christmas Bear by Alabama (Not sure this actually counts as a novelty song but it sure is damn annoying.)

Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer by Elmo and Patsy (Come on who isn't just a little sick of this old chestnut.)

All I want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth by Bob Rivers (I want to cry every time I hear that teeth whistlin' noise)

Merry Christmas Santa Claus by Max Headroom (Should be cool but it's just weird)

Jingle Bells by The Barking Dogs (I think we can all agree this is the worst Christmas song of all time.)

I'm sure there are more these are just the first few that pop to mind. Feel free to comment on your most and least favorites.

No comments: