Tuesday, January 09, 2007

The iPod Meme

This is an iPod/ iTunes meme so follow the instructions below to create random craziness!

1. Open your library on your iPod.
2. Put it on shuffle.
3. Press play.
4. For every question, type the song that’s playing.
5. When you go to a new question, press the Next button.

Opening Credits: Roxy Music- More Than This
Waking Up: Morrissey- Everyday is like Sunday
Falling in Love: T. Rex- Bang a Gong (Get it On) ---this must be some love!
Fight Song: Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds- Red Right Hand
Breakup Song: Roxy Music- 2 H.B.
Making Up Song: Waylon Jennings & Jesse Colter- Suspicious Minds
Life’s Okay Song: Sid Vicious- My Way
Mental Breakdown: My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult- A Martini Built for 2
Driving: Brian Eno- Everything Merges With the Night
Flashbacks: David Bowie- Starman
Happy Dance: Barry McGuire- Eve of Distruction ---(I must be pretty happy)
Regret: Iggy Pop- Candy
Final Battle: William Shatner- That's Me Trying (it must be an emotional battle)
Death Scene: Abba- The Winner Takes it All
Final Credits: Emmylou Harris- From Boulder to Birmingham

Man that just turned so sad at the end... but you that's pretty typical of most of the mixes I make. It's just odd that it happened at random.

This was really fun everyone should try this!

8 comments:

Dr. Zaius said...

I have little idea about what you are talking about, because I don't have an IPod. I am just happy that I have heard of all but two of the artists. I just can't keep up with all of you dang kids and your crazy rock and roll record playing. Why, in my day...

Anonymous said...

I love this meme! The iPod/iTunes ones are actually a lot of fun. :) Here's my results: link

Anonymous said...

I applaud of any and all use of Roxy Music!!! good choices babe!!!

Becca said...

Dr. Zaius-
Lay off it pops, quit hassling us kids...no but seriously everyone should have ipods they are great!

Merrick-
I'm glad to see someone else had as much fun with this as I did. I may have to try out the other ipod meme on your site.

Shroom-
Roxy Music is awesome, Eno and Ferry are gods.

Dr. Zaius said...

Listen, you young whippersnapper, I was playing with action figures when you were still in diapers!

This is the part that I don't get. In step four you state:

"For every question, type the song thats playing."

Do you mean a question within the lyrics of the song? What question?

Regarding Shroom-Monkey's blog, I like his Catwoman background so well that I want to put Nancy Pelosi's head on it and splice in some cowering Republican congressmen in the foreground. (I mean that in only the very nicest possible way, of course.)

Becca said...

For every question (example "Opening Credits") you type in the name and artist of the song that is currently playing on your ipod. I suppose you could use media player if you haven't an iPod.

I think it's a tremendous honor to have your head ripped off and replaced by Nancy Pelosi's. The one on your blog with the swirly background is hypnotic!

Dr. Zaius said...

"I think it's a tremendous honor to have your head ripped off and replaced by Nancy Pelosi's."

Figuratively speaking, of course.

I am glad you liked Emma Peel Pelosi! That was just a cheesy trick with a transparent gif and a table with an animated gif background. I have seen your photoshop work, and you are far better at it than I am. Maybe you could give me a few pointers. You may be able to photoshop the original image of Emma Peel [ 2 ] for something.

Becca said...

Hmm now that's a challenge! Now I have something to do this weekend.

And you don't give yourself enough credit, you rock at photoshop.