Sunday, January 28, 2007

Wonder Woman as Illustrated by Bruce Timm

Bruce Timm is best known for his contributions in writing and design on the modern DC animation franchise. Timm's early career in animation was varied; he started at Filmation, working on the layout of Blackstar, Flash Gordon, He-Man & The Masters of the Universe, and The Lone Ranger (Timm also did background work on GI Joe). He also worked for numerous other employers, including Ralph Bakshi, Don Bluth Productions, and attempted to find work at Marvel Comics and DC Comics, but without luck. In 1989, Timm joined Warner Bros.

At Warner, Timm worked on Tiny Toon Adventures. However, he is best known for his subsequent work on the animated series based on various DC Comics superheroes. Along with his "Tiny Toons" partner Eric Radomski, Timm co-created and produced Batman: The Animated Series, and went on to co-create and produce Superman: The Animated Series, The New Batman Adventures, and Batman Beyond.

Here are some of his Wonder Woman illustrations:



6 comments:

Dr. Zaius said...

I love your new banner! Wonder Woman rocks! I must admit that I shall miss Catwoman, though. You need to make a gallery of all of your old banners for posterity's sake.

Becca said...

Glad you like the new banner. I never thought about making a gallery of previous banners but that's a pretty cool idea.

Semaj said...

I always liked the way Timm designs his women, especially after the revamp on the Batman cartoon. I like his version of Wonder Woman the best.

Scurvy said...

Nice banner! I gotta say I love Wonder Woman. In the mid-80s when they revamped her series, it was one of the comics that was always on my list. Now my wife is into her so I ususally pick up the new figures and stuff when they come out.

Becca said...

Semaj-
I love Bruce Timm's art. He has to be one of my top 5 favorite illustrators workig today.

Scurvy-
I have to admit there are many things I love about the Wonder Woman comics her design over the years, her origin but I have never really been able to enjoy the comic books. It's like no one ever knows what to do with her. Of course the early books do have a really cheesy charm and some excellent covers.

www.inmobiliaria.cn said...

I consider every person should read this.