Monday, May 21, 2007

Guess That Movie Quote Week 2!

It was so much fun when we did this last week I've decided to make this a weekly contest. As people guess the source of the quote I will grey it out and give them credit, the person who has the most correct guesses each week will get one of these fun movie genius awards for their blog.

Lee since you had the most correct guesses last week here is your award! You rock you movie genius you!


Now onto this week's quotes!

1. "What's the matter? The food ain't that bad, baby." SamuraiFrog


2. "Will you look at that! Look how she moves! It's like Jell-O on springs. Must have some sort of built-in motor or something. I tell you, it's a whole different sex!" J.D.

3. "We're all very different people. We're not Watusi, we're not Spartans, we're Americans. With a capital "A", huh? And you know what that means? Do you? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We're the underdog. We're mutts." SamuraiFrog

4. "Remember, there's always something cleverer than yourself." Scurvy

5. "I was partial to tragedy in my youth. That was before experience taught me that life was tragical enough without my having to write about it." Scurvy

6. "The central message of Buddhism is not Every man for himself." SamuraiFrog

7. "I'm going crazy. I'm standing here solidly on my own two hands and going crazy." J.D.


8. "If I could only have one food to eat for the rest of my life? That's easy. Pez. Cherry flavor Pez. No question about it." SamuraiFrog

9. "Everything. OK! I'll talk! In third grade, I cheated on my history exam. In fourth grade, I stole my uncle Max's toupee and I glued it on my face when I was Moses in my Hebrew School play. In fifth grade, I knocked my sister Edie down the stairs and I blamed it on the dog... When my mom sent me to the summer camp for fat kids and then they served lunch I got nuts and I pigged out and they kicked me out... But the worst thing I ever done - I mixed a pot of fake puke at home and then I went to this movie theater, hid the puke in my jacket, climbed up to the balcony and then, t-t-then, I made a noise like this: hua-hua-hua-huaaaaaaa - and then I dumped it over the side, all over the people in the audience. And then, this was horrible, all the people started getting sick and throwing up all over each other. I never felt so bad in my entire life." SamuraiFrog

10. "One from the vaults... Don't be upset. It was a mercy killing. He had a certain naive charm, but no muscle." SamuraiFrog

**Update** Well SamuraiFrog has proven his movie geniusness this week and so here is his mighty award! Thanks to everyone who guessed and come on back next Monday for more quote guessing fun!

10 comments:

SamuraiFrog said...

1. Alien
3. Stripes
6. A Fish Called Wanda
8. Stand By Me
9. The Goonies (best scene in the movie)
10. The Rocky Horror Picture Show

Scurvy said...

4. Excalibur
5. Clash of the Titans

J.D. Judge said...

2. Some Like It Hot
7. The Philadelphia Story

(and we are through!)

Lee said...

Damn missed it.

Lee said...

Oh my god I didn't even read the bit about my own Henry Swanson badge!!! That takes the sting out of missing it!!!!

This is going up on the site NOW - to hell with studying!!

excitement is my game

Piper said...

Good Lord, I suck.

6. Fight Club?

8. Stand By Me

9. The Goonies.

bonnie-ann black said...

#2 Is from "Some Like It Hot"

bonnie-ann black said...

Oops... also meant to say that #7 is from "The Philadelphia Story."

Becca said...

Thanks to everyone for playing!

Oh and Lee I am so glad you picked up on the Henry Swanson! Excitement is my game, everytime I hear that line it cracks me up! Good luck with the Romans and all!

SamuraiFrog said...

Woo-hoo!