Monday, May 28, 2007

Guess That Movie Quote: Week 3!

Here's how it goes...as people guess the source of the quote I will grey it out and give them credit, the person who has the most correct guesses each week will get a fun movie genius award to decorate their blog.

And Now Let the Guessing Begin!

1. "I see the deadly hamburger has done its evil work." Lee

2. "I'd be the worst possible Godfather. I'd probably drop her on her head at her christening. I'd forget all her birthdays until she was 18. Then I'd take her out and get her drunk. And, let's face it, quite possibly try and sleep with her." Lee

3. "You know, for kids." MC

4. "Your brother's an asshole, what an asshole. Look at his haircut. Anybody with a haircut like that has got to be an asshole." Lee

5. "My mother thanks you. My father thanks you. My sister thanks you. And I thank you." SamuraiFrog

6. "I'll admit I may have seen better days, but I'm still not to be had for the price of a cocktail, like a salted peanut." Lee

7. "I'm what you'd call a teleological existential atheist. I believe that there's an intelligence to the universe with the exception of certain parts of New Jersey." Lee

8. "I didn't want to do this, but I'm afraid I'm gonna have to pull rank on you. I'm with the Mattress Police. There are no tags on these mattresses." Lee

9. "It is a truth universally acknowledged that when one part of your life starts going okay, another falls spectacularly to pieces." Lee

10. "Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid." Lee

**Update**
Congratulations to Lee this week's winner! Thanks to everyone for playing hope you all come back next monday to play again!

9 comments:

MC said...

3. Hudsucker Proxy?

Dr. Zaius said...

4.) Annie Hall?

Lee said...

1. Remo Williams (saw that thanks to your suggestion)
2. About a boy
3. the hudsucka proxy
4. weird science
5. I got nothing
6. All About Eve
7. sleeper (just bril)
8. Fletch
9. Bridget Jones Diary (is this Hugh week?)
10. Pirates of the Carribean

SamuraiFrog said...

5. Yankee Doodle Dandy. Jimmy Cagney's a favorite of mine.

J.D. Judge said...

Damn.

Jess said...

D'oh! I was all over that "About a Boy" quote until I saw Lee had beaten me to the punch. Or rather beaten me to the punch ten times. I think that's a TKO. ;)

layercake said...

Drat, I only have Hugh Grant in About a Boy. I'm beat down. That's it. I got nothin' else. The end.

layercake said...

Ya know, #2's probably pretty close to Hugh Grant in real life too.

Becca said...

Congrats to MC & SamuraiFrog whose guesses were correct! But Lee is this weeks winner! Congrats Lee I'll post the award soon.

Thanks to everyone who guessed and stop back next Monday for another round of guessing fun!

And for easy viewing here are the answers.
1. Remo Williams
2. About a Boy
3. The Hudsucker Proxy
4. Weird Science
5. Yankee Doodle Dandy
6. All About Eve
7. Sleeper
8. Fletch
9. Bridget Jone’s Diary
10. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl