Monday, May 14, 2007

Name That Movie!

Inspired by Jess's very fun Friday Shuffle (he posts a batch of lyrics you guess the song) I've decided to post a list of movie quotes and see if anyone can guess them.

**Update** All but two have been guessed! You all rock! I will grey out the quotes that have been guessed correctly, check the comments for the answers!

1. "and then Mommy kissed Daddy, and the angel told the stork, and the stork flew down from heaven, and put the diamond in the cabbage patch, and the diamond turned into a baby!"
(Lee)


2. "Roses are red, violets are blue. I'm a schizophrenic, and so am I."(SamuraiFrog)


3. "You should always have rhythm in your shaking. A Manhattan you shake to a fox trot. A Bronx to a two-step time. A dry martini you always shake to waltzes." (J.D.)


4. "I kick ass for the Lord!"(Lee)


5. "Hey, careful, man, there's a beverage here!"(Lee)


6. "We've got a date with destiny, and she ordered the lobster."(Lee)


7. "You know, you haven't stopped talking since I came here? You must have been vaccinated with a phonograph needle."(Lee)


8. "There isn't anything more exhilerating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there?"(Lee)


9. "Psychos, did they look like psychos--is that what they looked like? They were vampires. Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are."(Lee)


10. "In the beginning, the Universe was created. This made a lot of people angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."(MC)

13 comments:

MC said...

10: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Lee said...

1. Addams Family Values
2. Got me beat
3. I know the answer now but I had to look it up cause I couldn't remember the title.
4. Dead Alive
5. The Big Lebowski
6. Mystery Men
7. Duck Soup
8. Clerks
9. From Dusk till Dawn
10. Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Damn that second one is going to bug me now.

Scurvy said...

I know #2 was delivered by Bill Murray. I wanna say Scrooged????

J.D. Judge said...

DAMN IT! The only one I knew was the easiest... :(

Becca said...

MC- You are correct sir!

Lee- Wow impressive! I guess I'll have to make these a little more challenging next time! Good job!

Scurvy- Oh sooooo close, you got Bill Murray right but not the movie.

J.D.- Which was the easiest?

Jess said...

D'oh! I'm late to the game and the only ones I knew were already taken. Maybe next time!

Becca said...

Next time then Jess.

Anyone want to make a stab at the others?

SamuraiFrog said...

2 is What About Bob? 3 is familiar, but I can't place it.

Becca said...

The Frog guessed it! #2 is indeed What About Bob.

One more to go!

Lee said...

*Smacks forehead* What about Bob! Of course!!!!

Yeah I'm annoyed with not remembering the title for number 3 but I figured a vague description wasn't going to cut it LOL.

Once again I think we see Lee's wasted youth come into play. Maths? Geography? Bah! Terminator 2 I could pass a test on!

MC said...

I am sort of upset I just glommed onto #10 and missed out on 5. DOH!

Becca said...

Lee-
I think you and I had pretty simular childhoods.

MC-
That might be my favorite moment from The Big Lebowski! Cracks me up everytime.

J.D. Judge said...

The answer I knew was 10.

The answer I know is The Thin Man for #2. HAH! SUCK IT!