Sunday, June 17, 2007

8 More Things

I've been tagged for a second time on the 8 things meme by The lovely Cap'n Dyke so here are 8 more random facts about me. Don't worry I don't think I can confess to anything as strange as my secret love of Matlock.

1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. (I already tagged a few people last time so I'll skip this part. If anyone wants to give this meme a try please go ahead! It's always fun to read a bit more about all my fellow bloggers!)
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

And now 8 random things about me:

1. I spent all day watching episodes of Doctor Who with the first Doctor and working on retouching photos of the lovely Evangeline. Here are a few of my favorites:



2. I wish someone would make a movie about the notorious women pirates Anne Bonney and Mary Read who sailed under the flag of Captain Calico Jack Rackham. You can read more about their adventures here and belive me if you haven't heard their story before it's worth a read!

3. According to Quiz Galaxy my name would be defined in the dictionary as "A person with a sixth sense for detecting the presence of goblins"...awesome!

4. My favorite comic book of all time is Love and Rockets by Jaimie and Gilbert Hernandez, though I never cared much for the Gilbert stuff. Maggie and Hopey rule and it was cool to read their adventures as they grew up and grew out. Too bad Jaimie stopped using the rockets pretty early on.

5. I pretty much hate sports accross the board but my favorite video games are Snowbaording games, I own two and have played countless others via rental or arcade. I also love Guitar Hero I can't believe I've gone most of my life without it.

6.Earlier this week I took some time off from retouching photos to color some of my drawings, here's one of Poison Ivy and a Friend:


7. My blog is rated G for 1 use of the word "kill" and 1 use of the word "dyke"...hmmm guess the ratings board didn't see all the pictures of naked girls I've posted in the past. Thanks to Lee for the link.

What's My Blog Rated? From Mingle2 - Free Online Dating

Mingle2 - Free Online Dating



8. The 8 people who have inspired me and whom I respect most in the world are Isaac Asimov, Russ Meyer, Bettie Page, Bunny Yeager, Brian Eno, Walt Disney, Hayao Miyazaki and Jack Burton

7 comments:

Dr. Zaius said...

Yay! A color version of Poison Ivy and the Rhododendron!

Dr. Zaius said...

Ack! My blog is rated R for the use of the words "gun" (3x) "pain" (2x) and "sexy" (1x). I don't like that ratings system.

Joe Valdez said...

I'm under the weather, slept late and have zero inspiration to work on my book today. However, after reading this post, it feels good to know there is nothing wrong with puttering around the house for a day.

I have no Doctor Who, but thanks for giving me permission to watch something that is no good for me.

People with a sixth sense for detecting goblins rule.

Marius said...

My blog is rated NC-17 for using the words gay (12x) biatch (3x) queer (2x) lesbian (1x). LOL. Something is wrong with that rating system. I refuse to stop writing about Lesbians. :)

Becca said...

Dr. Zaius-
The name Poison Ivy and the Rhododendron is so great! I don't usually title my pieces but I have to steal your title! Everytime I see it, it makes me smile.

The words gun, pain and sexy warrent an R? Wow.

Joe-
Yuck there is nothing worse than feeling sick in the summertime! And there is nothing wrong with puttering around the house for the day! Sometimes it's refreshing to be a couch potato...every once in awhile at least.

Marius-
NC-17? I am so jealous! I'll have to randomly throw the words biatch and queer into my posts.

Dr. Zaius said...

Hey I just noticed, you added the March Hare via Photoshop, right?

Becca said...

Yes I did! I wanted it to be very subtle so it's cool you didn't pick up on it right away. I just love the Alice quality to the original image, it just felt right.