Monday, June 25, 2007

Guess That Movie Quote: Week 7

Time for the next movie quote quiz! Here are the rules...as people guess the source of the quote I will grey it out and give them credit (using google to find the answers will disqualify you), the person who has the most correct guesses each week will get a fun movie genius award to decorate their blog.

Now onto the guessing!

1. "If I were creating the world I wouldn't mess about with butterflies and daffodils. I would have started with lasers, eight o'clock, Day One!" SamuraiFrog

2. "Now you listen to me, I'm an advertising man, not a red herring. I have two ex-wives, a mother, and several bartenders depending on me. And, I don't want to disappoint them all by getting myself *slightly* killed." Lee

3. "I speak Spanish to God, French to women, English to men and Japanese to my horse." Lee

4. "Higher higher burning fire! making music, like a choir!" SamuraiFrog

5. "I'm not a Roman, Mum, I'm a kike, a yid, a heebie, a hook-nose, I'm kosher Mum, I'm a Red Sea pedestrian, and proud of it." SamuraiFrog

6. "Lo , there do I see my father . Lo , there do I see my mother and my sisters and my brothers . Lo, do I see the line of my people back to begining . Lo , do they call to me . They bid me take my place among them in the halls of Valhala ...Where the brave..shall live......Forever ." SamuraiFrog

7. "You have a choice. I can kill you. Or you can kill me and my daughter will get the insurance." Lee

8. "The are no coincidences only the illusions of coincidence." Lee

9. "The clue obviously lies in the word 'cheddar.' Let's see now. Seven letters. Rearranged, they come to, let me see, 'Rachedd.' 'Dechdar.' 'Drechad.' 'Chaderd' - hello, chaderd! Unless I'm very much mistaken, chaderd is the Egyptian word meaning 'to eat fat.' Now we're getting somewhere!" SamuraiFrog

10. "You didn't actually think you were the only inhabited planet in the universe. How can any race be so stupid?" Lee

There was a tie this week between movie geniuses SamuraiFrog and Lee! Here are your rewards sirs and good work!

SamuraiFrog


Lee

4 comments:

SamuraiFrog said...

1. Time Bandits
4. Legend
5. Monty Python's Life of Brian
6. The 13th Warrior (LOVE that scene)
9. The Adventure of Sherlock Holmes's Smarter Brother (?)

Lee said...

2 - north by Northwest
3 - Buckaroo Banzai (another one I saw because of here - well our crossover actually)
7 - Falling down (brilliant - god I've felt that way - well not specific to the quote)
8 - V for vendetta!!!!!!!
10 - Plan 9 from outer space!!!!

Lee said...

ooooh hang on 10 isn't a trick one is it? Ed Wood - though I don't think the line came over exactly?

Becca said...

Ohhh we have a tie!

and Lee #10 is Plan 9 though I do belive it's also in Ed Wood. Good catch.