Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Hooray it's a Music Meme!

That crazy kid J.D. tagged me on a very cool looking music meme...

The Rules
Put your iTunes (or equivilent) on random. Post lyrics from the first songs that play. Post it on your blog & let everyone guess the song & artist. When a song is guessed correctly, strike out the lyrics & post the title in bold. Looking the lyrics up on any search engine is cheating!! So, if you know the song - leave your guess in a comment. If you’re right, I’ll post your name (or link). Enjoy!

1. "You’ve got a thing about you, I just can’t live without you, I really want you (Song title) near me..."

2. "Your eyes can be so cruel, Just as I can be so cruel, Oh I do believe in you.
Yes I do. Live without your sunlight. Love without your heartbeat."
SamuraiFrog

3. "There's a battle ahead, many battles are lost but you'll never see the end of the road while you're travelling with me."Dr. Monkey

4. "Here in your arms i found my paradise, my only chance for happiness, and if i lose you now i think i would die."

5. "I don't want to hear a sad story full of heartbreak and desire. The last time I felt like this I was in the wilderness and the canyon was on fire. And I stood on the mountain in the night and watched it burn, I watched it burn, I watched it burn.

6. "Can you tell me where my country lies? Said the Unifaun to his true love's eyes? It lies with me! cried the Queen Of Maybe, for her merchandise, he traded in his prize." SamuraiFrog


7. "I don't believe in an interventionist god but i know, darling, that you do but if i did i would kneel down and ask him not to intervene when it came to you. Not to touch a hair on your head, to leave you as you are..."

8. "I've laughed and been a snake, I´ve had my fill, my share of losing and now, the tears subside I find it all so amusing. To think, I killed a cat and may I say, not in a gay way" (there's a gay way to kill a cat? What an insane lyric)SamuraiFrog

9. "Standin' on a corner by my old high school, I let this female call me a fool. I got on my knees and begged to the sun and I knew that my manhood had begun."

10. "Queen of Light took her bow and then she turned to go. The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom and walked the night alone." Tim

11. "I'm the dandy highwayman so sick of easy fashion, the clumsy boots, peek-a-boo roots that people think so dashing. So what's the point of robbery when nothing is worth taking? It's kind of tough to tell a scruff the big mistake he's making." SamuraiFrog

12. "Color and sky brush and blue, scarlet fleece changes you, crimson ball sinks from view"

13. "Lady if you want to find a lover then you look no further for I’m gonna be your only. Searching at the start of the season and my only reason is that i´ll get to you." SamuraiFrog

14. "Your name is on a lot of quotes in this book, and us crazy humans wrote it, you should take a look, and all the people that you made in your image still believing that junk is true." SamuraiFrog

15. "Riding the backs of giraffes for laughs is alright for a while, the ego sings of castles and kings and things that go with a life of style."

8 comments:

SamuraiFrog said...

2. "Within You" by David Bowie (from Labyrinth, yes!)

6. "Dancing with the Moonlit Knight" by Genesis

8. "My Way" (Sid Vicious version)

11. "Stand and Deliver" by Adam and the Ants

13. "Ladytron" by Roxy Music

14. "Dear God" by XTC

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

#3 is Crowded House.

Splotchy said...

Are any of these songs called, "Goddammit this is hard"?

I'm gonna try this goddamn meme and see how easy it is for others to solve.

It's much more difficult than one would imagine.

I was thinking #10 was "In The Court Of The Crimson King" but I double-checked it, and it ain't.

Goddammit.

J.D. said...

"That crazy kid"? I take that as a very gracious term of endearment, your grown-up.

And apparently mine is the simplest one. I have 11 of 13 guessed so far, and yours and SF's are surprisingly hard and scary. Especially his with 62 songs, and only around 10 have been guessed so far. Hm.

Splotchy said...

Hey becca, since you did so freaky good with samuraifrog's quiz, I was wondering if you would care to give mine a whirl.

Just posted it here.

Thank ye kindly.

timdrussell said...

#10 is Led Zeppelin's "The Battle of Evermore". That's the only one I know. Tough list, or tough game, or both.

Scurvy said...

Well, 3 is "Don't Dream it's Over" by Crowed House (or the other version which I refuse to acknowledge as the CH one is superior ;) )

and 10 is "Battle of Evermore" which is just about the greatest Zeppelin tune ever IMO.

Can't say I recognize many others... :( I'm usually pretty good at this stuff too.

Becca said...

SamuraiFrog-
As your profile picture suggests...you rock as usual! All correct!

Dr. Monkey-
And you are correct as well sir!

Splotchy-
LOL! I will pop over to I Splotchy and check it out where you will find out just how bad I am at this too! Excellent guess on #10 though.

Tim-
Correct! What a great song!

Scurvy-
Both correct but a little late and yes Evermore is a fantastic song, great lyrics!