Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Hooray more memes!

PJ tagged me on a couple of memes, I’m going to combine the memes into one post, cos PJ did it first and I feel like a lemming tonight.

5 things
INSTRUCTIONS: Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot, like so.

1. Wylie’s Words
2. Tennessee Text Wrestling
3. Sophisticated Writer
4. The Urban Recluse
5. No Smoking in the Skullcave

Next, select five people to tag. (okay I know I'm alone in loving to do memes and that alot of people hate to do them so please do not feel obligated to do this if you don't want to. Seriously.)

1. SamuraiFrog
2. J.D.
3. Anyone who wants to give these a shot! Come on you know you want to!

And now for the questions!

What were you doing ten years ago?
Living in the house I grew up in with my grandmother and working a different shitty bookstore job. There was one really great, sweet person in my life, whose still in my life and rocks harder than he realizes! He knows who he is...ribbit.

What were you doing one year ago?
Living on my own working a diferent shitty bookstore job.

Five snacks you enjoy.
1. Fruit (apples, grapes, cherries, berries)
2. Jello
3. Sugar-free Vanilla Latte
4. Aria Giovanni
5. Jaffa Cakes (Before they changed the recipe! Why would they do that?!?)

Simon Pegg likes Jaffa cakes too!



Five songs to which you know all the lyrics.
1. Highwayman by The Highwaymen
2. Ziggy Stardust by David Bowie
3. Cosmic Dancer by T. Rex
4. Songs of Love by The Divine Comedy
5. The Green Green Grass of Home by Tom Jones

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire.
1. Quit my job and open a comic book store, not just any comic book store...a sexy one...where all the employees dress up like sexy faux versions of comic book characters. The draw is cleavage and beefcake and the best selection in town.

2. Invest, invest, invest...make my money last.

3. Get a copy of every book Isaac Asimov ever wrote.

4. Take a really nice vacation, I've never really been anywhere and it might be nice to do that once in my life.

5. Buy Kurt Russell's car from Deathproof, one of the existing Batmobiles and The General Lee. Good things come in threes.

Five bad habits.
1. Leaving a sink full of dishes to wash "later".
2. Very low self-esteem/ confidence.
3. I'm pretty shy but it tends to come off as snobish.
4. The Mexican Skillet at a local restaurant, so bad for me but it tastes so good!
5. Aria Giovanni, I just can't quit her man!



Five things you like doing.
1. Drawing...creating in general.
2. watching movies and listening to music with A(you know who you are).
3. Looking at nasty books with Joe, it's not often you find someone as twisted as yourself.
4. Playing with my bunny Thumper.
5. Looking at Aria Giovanni.

Five things you would never wear again.
1. My bondage t-shirt with pictures of 50's pin-up girls in bondage. Creepy guys love to come up to me and touch it. Icky.
2. A uniform...why oh why do non-food, non-health industry businesses insist on uniforms?
3. Party hat...I know I'm a party pooper but it's not happening.
4. A clown costume...worst Halloween of my life.
5. A puffy winter coat...cringe.

_________________________

Gotta Get Goals
(The Alex Shalman’s Gotta Get Goals meme)

1) In a new blog post, list and write about the top 5 to 10 goals that you gotta’ get so that you can truly say you have achieved your wildest dreams in life. These have to be your best, most exclusive, and over-the-top goals that you can pick off your goals list.

2) In the introduction of your post, explain what you’re doing with the Gotta’ Get Goals project and “put a link and/or a trackback to this post”, for the purpose of giving them the full rules and for me to compile the master list of all participants that I’ll link to in a future post.

3) As with Simply Success Secrets, don’t forget to put a link or trackback to the blogger who tagged you for Gotta’ Get Goals in order to let your readers follow the conversation around.

4) Sharing your Gotta’ Get Goals with your own audience, will also share them with the blogger who tagged you and the bloggers you tagged, as well as their whole audience!

5) There is no limit to how many bloggers you are allowed to “tag”, so go crazy. It will help their exposure as well as your own when they tag back to your Gotta Get Goals post. That’s how meme’s work.

6) Sit back and enjoy the show. As Aaron would say, “watch the gotta get goals and the crossover audiences start rolling in!”



1. My biggest current goal is to find myself a paying career in the illustration or photography field. I really want to spend the rest of my life working towards something I can be proud of something tangible instead of retail where I'm selling my life for pennies on the dollar.

2. To direct a naughty women in prison movie, the warden has to be an older iconic B movie actress like Cynthia Myers or Cassandra Peterson.



3. Open that comic book store, you know...the sexy one...where all the employees dress up like sexy faux versions of comic book characters. The draw is cleavage and beefcake and the best selection in town.

4. Live to see a day when Nicholas Cage and Keanu Reeves quit ruining movies with their presence.

5. Own every book Isaac Asimov ever wrote, textbooks included.

6. To get whisked away by the ninth doctor and travel through space and time.



7. Live in a world where this guy is president.

8. Do a photoshoot with Dita Von Teese and Aria Giovanni. Too much gorgeous in one room might make the world explode!

***Warning quick and cheap photoshop to illustrate gorgeousness factor***



9. Witness a grudge match between Ronald McDonald and The Burger King.

10. Forget the horror at realizing Ronald McDonald and The Burger King are real. That Burger King creeps me out!

5 comments:

Dr. Zaius said...

I love your photshop Dita Von Teese and Aria Giovanni composite. The look great! But that Burger King image, that cracks me up! Was that your caption?

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Another person endorsing me!!!! Yahoo!!!!

And for the record if you get to be Rose to the 9th Dr. Who, then I get to be Mickey.

Ben Varkentine said...

And if you get Cynthia Myers, why not throw in Dolly Read and Marcia McBroom, and make a BTVotD reunion of it?

J.D. said...

"WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?"

[thunder clashes]

Spooky and coldly brilliant.

Becca said...

Dr. Zaius-
Sigh...no I wish I could say that was my caption. But it sums up my feelings about The Burger King exactly.

Dr. Monkey-
Hop on board Mickey! ...as long as you understand I'm in love with The Doctor and even if you save the world from Cybermen you'll never compete!

I will so continue to endorse you for prez though!

Ben-
What a great idea! I really wish someone would make this movie now! To bad Russ is dead now.

J.D.-
The Burger King will eat your soul if you look into his dead plastic eyes.