Tuesday, July 31, 2007

8 Things Meme

Tim from The Cushy Blog tagged me on the 8 Things Meme! I know I've done a couple of these already but I'm sure there are 8 more facts about myself I can share.

Rules:
1) Post these rules.
2) List eight interesting or semi-interesting facts, habits, or bits of trivia about yourself.
3) Tag someone else by posting a comment on their blog asking them to read your facts post.

And now for the facts:

1. This is the last art project I finished. It's Dorothy and The Scarecrow from The Wizard of Oz...as if you couldn't tell.



2. Okay, okay I know I've mentioned it before but I will be selling some art at Wizard World Chicago August 10th-12th at The Rosemont Convention Center. Drop by and say hello if you are in town! It's a great convention if you love comic books and the art of illustration.

3. The first year I went to the Chicago ComiCon (it's what they used to call it before Wizard bought them out) I met Ms Mercy, just a random female artist whose work I really fell in love with. At the time I didn't have enough money to buy one of her originals and haven't seen her back in years. The image of Ms Mercy sitting at her table trying to sell her art has stuck with me all this time and has been a bit of an inspiration for me to finally pursue my own goals of finding work as a proffesional artist. Here is one of her pieces:



4. I am a huge fan of AArdman's latest animated creation Shaun the Sheep. They have been showing on The Disney Channel every sunday night and I haven't missed one yet. Here is a clip from my favorite short...Timmy in a Tizzy.



5. My favorite tea is Earl Grey with a little milk and honey. Yum!

6. I think it's a pretty good possibility that the creepiest man who ever lived might be Klaus Kiniski. He's just so damn scary in every one of his movies...and in real life. Don't believe me...here's proof. Sure it's a clip from a movie of his; Crawlspace but based on the stories I've heard about this man...it doesn't really seem to far removed from the real thing.

7. Speaking of creepy men...I have a strange fascination with the history and fall of the Nazi party. Not that I support them, or follow the teachings...I'm just so interested in studing the roots of how it began and to see how it branched out of control as they became more and more powerful. I've read quite a bit and have quite a bit more waiting for me to get to.



8. The last book I read was a graphic novel by Linda Medley called Castle Waiting. It's a terific piece of Fantasy for anyone who likes Bone or Fables. I highly reccomend it!

Now I get to tag someone...I know not everyone likes to be tagged so I'll just say if you haven't had the opportunity to do this yet and you want to give it a shot go for it! It's always fun to get to know people a little better!

5 comments:

Splotchy said...

Nice pic of Dorothy and friends!

timdrussell said...

Thanks for playing along.

Earl Grey is my favorite tea, too!

Ben Varkentine said...

Yes, that Scarecrow pic is *very* nice.

BTW, you have got to, got to, read Three Bags Full: A Sheep Detective Story by Leonie Swann.

A detective novel about a murdered shepherd told from the perspective of his sheep.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product//0385521111/ref=cm_rv_thx_view/002-4576495-5816854

PJ said...

Earl Grey is my fave tea too.

Becca said...

Splotchy-
Thanks!

Tim-
Thanks for tagging me! Earl Grey rocks!!!

Ben-
I so must read this book. Thanks for the link.

PJ-
Hmmm I'll have to throw a tea party, we'll invite models and take pictures. Earl Grey the source of all grandest creation.