Monday, July 23, 2007

Guess That Movie Quote: Week 11

Here are the rules: As people guess the source of the quote I will grey it out and give them credit (using google to find the answers will disqualify you), the person who has the most correct guesses each week will get a fun movie genius award to decorate their blog.

And Now Let's Do Some Guessing!


1. "OK people, they are psyching you out. Let's not be so defensive out there, OK? Now what do we say on the court, repeat after me; I am a person, I have the right to the ball." Lee

2. "Not beautiful you understand, but you have a certain prettiness, different from my other heads. I believe I'll lock you in the tower for a few years until your head is ready. And then I'll take it."SamuraiFrog

3. "Women! They let 'em vote, smoke and drive - even put 'em in pants! And what happens? A Democrat for president!" Lee

4. "Good evening Sir, my name is Steve. I come from a rough area. I used to be addicted to crack but now I am off it and trying to stay clean. That is why I am selling magazine subscriptions." Lee

5. "Caleb, those people back there, they wasn't normal. Normal folks, they don't spit out bullets when you shoot 'em, no sir." Lee

6. "She lives beyond the grace of God, a wanderer in the outer darkness. She is "vampyr", "nosferatu". These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but instead grow strong and become immortal once infected by another nosferatu. So, my friends we fight not one beast but legions that go on age after age after age, feeding on the blood of the living." Lee

7. "Gosh, drinking's sure a filthy thing isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes." Lee

8. "Suicide is like... the ultimate fuck you."

9. "It's gettin' so a businessman can't expect no return from a fixed fight. Now, if you can't trust a fix, what can you trust? For a good return, you gotta go bettin' on chance - and then you're back with anarchy, right back in the jungle."Lee

10. "No one else in the forest knew why or where he was going, just that it had something to do with twice-times, and how to make things called ABCs, and where a place called Brazil is."Lee


***Update***
Whoah! Looks like with 8 correct guesses Lee is this week's winner and if my memory serves me this is Lee's fifth win. First off way to go Lee! Second this win has inspired me to create a new special "movie master" award:


and third I've also decided just to give others a chance to get in on some of the guessing when someone wins the "movie master" award they can't participate in the guessing for five weeks. So Lee we'll see you back to guess on September 3rd!

Thanks to everyone for playing and I'll post the complete list of answers in the comments.

8 comments:

Lee said...

1. Buffy the vampire slayer
2. ummmmmm
3. Faster Pussycat kill kill
4. Officespace
5. Near Dark - banned here in QLD Australia!!!
6. Maybe Dracula?
7. Batman (the Adam West version and Robin is right it is a filthy thing!)
8. Arrrrrgggg crap I can picture this!!! It's one of those horror films...crap
9. Miller's Crossing
10. Winnie!

SamuraiFrog said...

2. Return to Oz

MC said...

8: Pump up the Volume?

Bubs said...

Dammit. The only one I knew was #5, from Near Dark, and it's already guessed.

I think #6 was from the Francis Ford Coppola Dracula?

PJ said...

1. Dodgeball?

Ben Varkentine said...

I don't know any of the movies, but I'm pretty sure 6. is about Barbara Bush...

(Either the mother or the daughter, it works either way. Or both.)

Becca said...

And here are the answers:

1. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
2. Return to Oz
3. Faster Pussycat Kill, Kill
4. Office Space
5. Near Dark
6. Dracula (1992)
7. Batman: The Movie
8. Ginger Snaps
9. Miller’s Crossing
10. The many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

Lee said...

Thank you for the very shiny award - I am very grateful! And will not pout in response to my sitting the next 5 weeks out! LOL I'll have to send through some quotes to include!