Monday, July 30, 2007

Guess That Movie Quote: Week 12

Wow week 12 already! Here are the rules:
If you know or think you know the source of the movie quote please leave your guess in the comments section. As people guess the source of the quote I will grey it out and give them credit (using google to find the answers will disqualify you), the person who has the most correct guesses each week will get a fun movie genius award to decorate their blog. Any person who wins 5 weeks (consecutive or non-consecutive) will earn a Movie Master award and must then refrain from guessing for 5 weeks but a master can email quote suggestions for the game.

Phew that's a mouth full...now on to the guessing!

1. "I write what I see, the endless procession to the guillotine. We're all lined up, waiting for the crunch of the blade... the rivers of blood are flowing beneath our feet... I've been to hell young man, you've only read about it." SamuraiFrog

2. "The Valkyrie at my side is shouting and laughing with the pure, hateful, bloodthirsty joy of the slaughter... and so am I." SamuraiFrog

3. "Generals can do anything. There's nothing so much like a god on earth as a General on a battlefield." SamuraiFrog

4. "What a death! What a chance! What a surprise! My will has chosen life! Still it has had me spooked and many others besides!" SamuraiFrog

5. "I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life, anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die." SamuraiFrog

6. "When the wine drinks itself, when the skull speaks, when the clock strikes the right time, only then will you find the tunnel that leads to the Red Bull. There be a trick to it, of course." SamuraiFrog

7. "They say rubber's mainly for perverts. Don't know why. Think it's very practical, actually. I mean, you spill anything on it and it just comes off. I suppose that could be why the perverts like it."

8. "That's a piecrust promise. Easily made, easily broken." J.D.

9. "Where'd my youth go? Why didn't fame hold off old age and death? Why the hell did I leave the fame in the first place and do I want it back, and could I have it back? And if I could, would it make any damned difference?" SamuraiFrog

10. "Ahh, a bear in his natural habitat - a Studebaker." SamuraiFrog

**Update**
Well congratulations to this week's winner SamuraiFrog who came pretty damn close to a sweep! And this being his fifth win makes him the second person to earn the Movie Master award! Good job Froggy! Here is your award and we'll see you back for more guessing on September 3rd!



Boy with Lee and Aaron out for a few weeks the game is anyones! See you all next week for more guessing fun.

6 comments:

SamuraiFrog said...

1. Quills
2. Sin City
3. Gettysburg (?)
4. The Piano
5. Blade Runner (terrible narration, gah! Ruins a beautiful scene!)
6. The Last Unicorn
9. Bubba Ho-Tep
10. The Muppet Movie

:D

J.D. said...

8. Mary Poppins

Dang you, Aaron! You did this within 3 second on me getting here.

Johnny B said...

#7- The Big Lebowski? I'm not sure, it just sounds like something Maude Lebowski would say...

MC said...

3. Patton?

Johnny B said...

So...what was #7?

Becca said...

Sorry forgot to post the answers...

Here they are:
1. Quills
2. Sin City
3. Gettysburg
4. The Piano
5. Blade Runner
6. The Last Unicorn
7. Four Weddings and a Funeral
8. Mary Poppins
9. Bubba Ho Tep
10. The Muppet Movie