Friday, August 17, 2007

Another terrible remake in the works?

Yahoo News is reporting that Warner Bros. plans to remake the Bruce Lee classic Enter the Dragon. The remake will be called Awaken the Dragon and will be written and directed by Kurt Sutter the producer of The Shield TV series. The Warner Bros. publicist Laura Kim said the movie will tell the story of an FBI agent who investigates a Shaolin monk and underground kung fu fight clubs. There has been no comment on casting or when they plan to start filming.

Why god why? Why mess with a great, classic piece of film?

7 comments:

EL FAMOUS said...

you lift me up w/ the red sonja/aria giovanni one-two punch and then bring me crashing to earth w/ this. blasphemy, plain and simple.

unless i'm contacted to star in the lead, then it's okay.

MC said...

As I stated on my blog.... I think a round of nutkicks/headshots is in order for everyone involved.

Bubs said...

What El Famous and mc said...

SamuraiFrog said...

It's the name recognition, really. Enter the Dragon hardly had an original plot; it's the same plot as about 400 other kung fu movies. They can make this stupid movie without tearing down Bruce Lee's memory!

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

I'm surprised that Ron Howard is not directing it.

ARBOGAST said...

Awaken the Dragon sounds like a class you'd take at The Learning Annex.

Becca said...

El-
Blasphemy indeed...although with you in the lead I'm sure it would be shear martial arts genius!

MC-
You took the words right out of my mouth!

Bubs-
Damn right!

SamuraiFrog-
No kidding! They just want to use the name recognition to steal the $10 bucks outta curious fans.

Dr. Monkey-
Not a big Ron howard fan? Me either! Although I have a soft spot for a couple of his movies.

Arbogast-
LOL! Thanks for giving me the best laugh of the day.