Monday, August 20, 2007

Guess That Movie Quote: Week 15

Here are the rules:
If you know or think you know the source of the movie quote please leave your guess in the comments section. As people guess the source of the quote I will grey it out and give them credit (using google to find the answers will disqualify you), the person who has the most correct guesses each week will get a fun movie genius award to decorate their blog. Any person who wins 5 weeks (consecutive or non-consecutive) will earn a Movie Master award and must then refrain from guessing for 5 weeks but a master can email quote suggestions for the game.

Now on to the guessing!

1. "I'm fine... I'm fine... I don't think so. We just cut up our girlfriend with a chainsaw. Does that sound fine?" Smallerdemon

2. "Y'know, this was supposed to be my weekend off, but noooo. You got me out here draggin' your heavy ass through the burnin' desert with your dreadlocks stickin' out the back of my parachute. You gotta come down here with an attitude, actin' all big and bad... and what the hell is that smell? I could've been at a barbecue! But I ain't mad." Scurvy

3. "I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time, I'd rather not spend the rest of this winter tied to this fucking couch!" MC

4. "What you looking at? You never seen a guy who slept with a fish before?" Scurvy

5. "Are you fat? When you go jogging, do you leave potholes? When you make love, do you have to give directions? At the zoo, do the elephants throw you peanuts? Do you look at a menu and say OK!?" MC

6. "Oh, yeah. Oooh, ahhh, that's how it always starts. Then later there's running and screaming." Semaj

7. "For me, stealing's always been a lot like sex. Two people who want the same thing: they get in a room, they talk about it. They start to plan. It's kind of like flirting. It's kind of like... foreplay, 'cause the more they talk about it, the wetter they get. The only difference is, I can fuck someone I've just met. But to steal? I need to know someone like I know myself." Johnny B

8. "Do you know why I hired you? I always hire the same girl- stylish, slender, of course... worships the magazine. But so often, they turn out to be- I don't know- disappointing and, um... stupid. So you, with that impressive résumé and the big speech about your so-called work ethic- I, um- I thought you would be different. I said to myself, go ahead. Take a chance. Hire the smart, fat girl. I had hope. My God. I live on it. Anyway, you ended up disappointing me more than, um- more than any of the other silly girls." J.D.

9. "It lies to her. It tells her things only a child can understand. It's been using her to restrain the others. To her, it simply is another child. To us, it is The Beast."

10. "Imagine seven million people all wanting to live together. Yeah, New York must be the friendliest place on earth." MC

**Update**
Well we have a winner folks and it's MC! Great job MC and you will find your award bellow. Thanks to everyone for playing and come back next week for more movie guessing fun!

11 comments:

Lee said...

Number 6 is one of my favorite lines from that film

you see I give nothing away.

Scurvy said...

2. Independence Day
4. Splash (one of my favorites)
5. Nutty Professor (?)

A few others are familiar to me, but I can't recall...

J.D. said...

9. The Devil Wears Prada

J.D. said...

Whoops, I meant #8.

Semaj said...

6 The Lost World/JP

MC said...

#3 is the Thing
#5 is Back to School(an ad for Thorton Mellon's Fat and Tall Stores)
#6 Jurassic Park?

MC said...

#10- Crocodile Dundee?

smallerdemon said...

1. - Ash to Ash - Evil Dead 2 as Ash tries to get a grip on himself in front of the mirror... and does.

Johnny B said...

#7-Bound. A classic of its kind.

Becca said...

Wow almost all guessed! I'm a little suprised no one guessed 9 but look below for the answer:

1. Evil Dead 2
2. Independence Day
3. The Thing
4. Splash
5. Back to School
6. The Lost World
7. Bound
8. The Devil Wears Prada
9. Poltergeist
10. Crocodile Dundee

Thanks for playing!

SamuraiFrog said...

Aw, man, how did no one guess Poltergeist?