Thursday, August 09, 2007

I know it's not exactly unusual...

...for me to take a few days off from blogging but, I'm taking the next few days off from blogging to appear at the 2007 Wizard World Chicago comic book convention. I'm very excited and nervous but I'm sure it will be a lot of fun no matter how things turn out! I plan to take lots of pictures and do some photoblogging so come back next week for choice fanboy pics!

Speaking of fanboy pics here's a picture I took at the con back in 1999. These people were not there together, they dressed up on their own and happened to meet down one of the vendor aisles. They posed for a ton of pictures! It was lots of fun.




And here was someone dressed as one of the troopers from Starship Troopers. Very cool.


And here are a couple of guys who dressed as some of the Justice Society. You can't see him very well but Wild Cat is standing between Dr. Fate and The Sandman.


And when I was looking through old pictures to find the one above I found this picture that was taken of myself and Chewbacca at Walt Disney World when I was 15. I am wearing shorts and pantyhose but that T-shirt kind of covers up the shorts. It was really, really hot and I always wonder how torturous it must have been for the guy in the Chewbacca costume in the heat.


See you all next week!

4 comments:

Scurvy said...

Best of luck. Hope you come back with some groovy pictures. That Dr. Fate costume is the bomb.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

You go girl! Best wishes to you and yours! I know you'll make us all proud!

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

I forgot to tell you how cute you look in that pic with Chewbacca.

Becca said...

Thanks to both of you! It was a lot of fun and I'll be posting some pictures shortly. Just wait til you see Supergirl...phew is it hot in here?