Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Captain Action Never Looked This Good!

A recent journey under the eaves of my Grandmother's house produced some vintage Captain Action costumes. For those of you unfamiliar with Captain Action he was an action figure from the 60s very much like GI Joe.



The cool thing about Captain Action is that the kids only had to buy one Captain figure and then could purchase different costumes for him that came with replaceable heads. So he could be Captain...or Superman...or Batman...or even Flash Gordon! Damn that's cool!

So naturally as soon as I saw the costumes I knew what I HAD to do!



Meet the Action Roller Girls in their new sexy superhero costumes! This is about as AWESOME as it gets. So just for the record that's Kennedy as Superman, Lindsay Lohan as Flash Gordon (she has an Emma Peel vibe going on though) and Chelsea as Batman. I wonder what naughty adventures the girls will get into now?

10 comments:

RAB said...

Yeah, this is pretty damn awesome.

But...you just happened to find some vintage Captain Action costumes? I think you may have caused the head of some eBay addict to explode by saying that.

Scurvy said...

I'm amazed at the price some of these fetch. The Aquaman one is pretty cool I got to add...

Becca said...

RAB-
Gosh your right I never thought about that! How funny!

Scurvy-
Your right that Aquaman costume rocks hard! These all seem to be pretty cheap maybe I'll have to see if I can get more.

RAB said...

I wouldn't have thought of it either, but a few months back a comics publisher was soliciting pitches for a CA series and that sent me checking out all the fan sites and online merchants to refresh my memory on all the different costumes and accessories. That my proposal was overlooked and the job instead went to a more experienced and well-known writer can only be credited to blatant favoritism on the part of the judges, if not outright bribery and corruption.

(But if someone announces a Major Matt Mason comic written by someone other than me, heads will roll...)

Becca said...

RAB-
They overlooked your pitch? Boooo! I bet that would have been a fun job. And bah! well-known writer? Boooo!

And I had never heard of Major Matt Mason so I googled him. Boy oh boy does he rock! I want one of those space buble cars. And that Star seeker looks like the distant relative of a Dalek. Cooooool!

Dr. Zaius said...

I used to love Major Matt Mason toys. Are the three girls doing an "Alas, poor Yorick..." with the characters heads?

Becca said...

What a great idea! Roller Girl Hamlet!

Bill said...

They didn't have replaceable heads-- they had masks that fit over their heads. My brothers and I each had a Cap, and two wore the masks all the time so they would look different. As I recall my guy wore Buck Rogers, and my brother's wore Flash Gordon.

david_b said...

Captain Action was my guy back in the day..

Loved him, but Action Boy ROCKED even more.

Collecting 'em a decade ago.., I had most of the loose, minty outfits (incl. both Spiderman and Captain America...). I know they're being re-released again now, but love the wonky originals..

Hey, it's all we had back then.

Becca said...

Oh man there was an Action Boy? I'll have to check it out!

And when I found these I was just so impressed with the slip on faces. I notice they are starting to use slip on faces with Barbie doll type dolls now too.