Monday, September 24, 2007

Guess That Movie Quote: Week 20

Here are the rules:
If you know or think you know the source of the movie quote please leave your guess in the comments section. As people guess the source of the quote I will grey it out and give them credit (using google to find the answers will disqualify you), the person who has the most correct guesses each week will get a fun movie genius award to decorate their blog. Any person who wins 5 weeks (consecutive or non-consecutive) will earn a Movie Master award and must then refrain from guessing for 5 weeks but a master can email quote suggestions for the game.

Now onto the guessing!

I'm going to do something a little different again this week and post pictures of famous film robots. You must know the name of the robot as well as the movie it appeared in to get credit for the answer.

1. Captain Incredible

2. Andy Johnny B
3. Andy
4. Captain Incredible
5. Captain Incredible
6. SamuraiFrog
7. Captain Incredible
8. Captain Incredible
9. Andy
10. SamuraiFrog

**Update**
And with 5 correct answers this week's winner is Captain Incredible! They don't call him Incredible for nothing! Here is your prize Captain:


And come back next week for more movie guessing fun!

12 comments:

Andy Bennett said...

Man, I know ALL of these movies, but alas, I know almost none of the actual robots' names.

Regardless, number 3 is RO-Man from Robot Monster, and 9 is V.I.N.Cent from The Black Hole.

And did the Iron Giant have a name, apart from Iron Giant?

Captain Incredible said...

I don't believe it! I'm in with a shot!

1. Gort from 'The Day The Earth Stood Still'

2 The Iron Giant from, indeed, 'The Iron Giant'

3 Haven't a clue...

4 Robbie from 'Forbidden Planet'

5 Maria from 'Metropolis'

6 See 3...

7 Ash from 'Alien'

8 Hector from 'Saturn 5'

9 V.I.N.C.E.N.T from 'The Black Hole'

and

10 - Nope, sorry...

Going away to sit quietly now...

SamuraiFrog said...

6. That's that robot mime street performer guy from EuroTrip! Go, JP Manoux, go!

10. Tik Tok from Return to Oz.

Well done, Captain Incredible. But we shall meet again...

MC said...

Wow... I knew most of them, but I got out classed in the sprint to get them down.

Kyle Miller said...

Never fast enough.

3. Ro-Man from Robot Monster

5. I always thought she was called Ultima. Shows what I know..

Johnny B said...

Would "Superman" count as a name for the Iron Giant? ;-)

Distributorcap said...

robot monster
bestest movie ever!

Captain Incredible said...

Samuraifrog - thank you kindly, sir, and I have no doubt but that we shall indeed meet again - the world is not yet mine...

Scurvy said...

Hmmm...as I once again find myself waaaay to late to guess, I shall have to leave this little nugget of info.

*ahem*


"ASH IS A ROBOT!!! HE'S A GODDAMNED ROBOT!!!"


thank you

Becca said...

Andy-
You are correct sir! And no I don't think the Iron Giant actually had a name unless like Johnny B says later you want to call him Superman but I'll give you credit for the response!

Captain-
Wow I am impressed sir! Though you knew more you get credit for 5! That makes you this week's winner! Way to go man!!!!

Samurai-
6 & 10 are correct-a-mundo! Way to go Froggie!

MC-
Rats! You'll get first crack some day!

Kyle-
I think depending on the translation she has had a few different names. I believe I remember one of them was Futura...so I'm sure you probably did hear Ultima somewhere. Thanks for playing!

Johnny-
I'd count it! But I'd also count just the Iron Giant so we'll call this one a tie!

Distributorcap-
It's one of the coolest movie robots ever!

Captain-
DAMN this is a battle I must see!!

Scurvy-
YES! YES! Finally! I was waiting for someone to quote the line!!! You rock!!!

Becca said...

Oh and here are the answers:

1. Gort (The Day the Earth Stood Still)
2. The Iron Giant (The Iron Giant)
3. Ro-Man the Monster (Robot Monster)
4. Robbie the Robot (Forbidden Planet)
5. Maria (Metropolis)
6. Robot Man (Eurotrip)
7. Ash (Alien)
8. Hector (Saturn 3)
9. V.I.N.C.E.N.T. (The Black Hole)
10. Tik-tok (Return to Oz)

Captain Incredible said...

Thank you kindly, ma'am, I shall display it proudly upon my page and endeavour to return in time for next week's instalment...