Monday, October 01, 2007

Guess That Movie Quote: Week 21

Here are the rules:
If you know or think you know the source of the movie quote please leave your guess in the comments section. As people guess the source of the quote I will grey it out and give them credit (using google to find the answers will disqualify you), the person who has the most correct guesses each week will get a fun movie genius award to decorate their blog. Any person who wins 5 weeks (consecutive or non-consecutive) will earn a Movie Master award and must then refrain from guessing for 5 weeks but a master can email quote suggestions for the game.

Let the guessing begin!

1. "I'm not too worried about it, really. I wouldn't worry about it. Don't worry about it. I'm not worried at all." J.D.

2. "Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand things with alloys and compositions and things with... molecular structures." Andy

3. "As long as there is injustice, whenever a Targathian baby cries out, wherever a distress signal sounds among the stars, we'll be there. This fine ship, this fine crew. Never give up... and never surrender." Captain Incredible

4. "Now listen to me you benighted muckers. We're going to teach you soldiering. The world's noblest profession. When we're done with you, you'll be able to slaughter your enemies like civilized men." SamuraiFrog

5. "So far you've shared me out of my clothes, my food and my house. Now, how about sharing some of my things with me."

6. "Everything that you wanted I have done. You asked that the child be taken. I took him. You cowered before me, I was frightening. I have reordered time. I have turned the world upside down, and I have done it all for you! I am exhausted from living up to your expectations of me. Isn't that generous?" Andy

7. "You and I are very much alike. Archeology is our religion, yet we have both fallen from the pure faith. Our methods have not differed as much as you pretend. I am but a shadowy reflection of you. It would take only a nudge to make you like me. To push you out of the light." Andy

8. "You're a... you're a complex Freudian hallucination having something to do with my mother and I don't know why you have wings, but you have very lovely legs and you're a very nice tiny person and what am I saying, I don't know who my mother was; I'm an orphan and I've never done drugs because I missed the sixties, I was an accountant." Andy

9. "You and I have a tendency towards corpulence. Corpulence makes a man reasonable, pleasant and phlegmatic. Have you noticed the nastiest of tyrants are invariably thin?" Johnny B

10. "Goddamn it, I knew I should've listened to my mother. I could've been a cosmetic surgeon, five hundred thou a year, up to my neck in tits and ass." Johnny B

**Update**
Sorry it's so late but this weeks winner is the awesome Andy Bennet!! Good work Andy your award is below...


Thanks for playing everyone!

7 comments:

Andy Bennett said...

2. Army of Darkness

6. Labyrinth

7. Raiders

Andy Bennett said...

Oh... and wasn't #8 Robin Willams as Peter Pan in Hook?

Captain Incredible said...

Hmm - some tricky ones...

1 sounds like the Irish Rugby coach in every TV interview before we got knocked out of the World Cup...
3. Galaxy Quest
4. The Last Samurai (?)

Other than that - I got nothing...

Johnny B said...

#9: Spartacus
#10: Romancing the Stone


That's all I got...

J.D. said...

1 is Superbad, I know that. I really have to get here earlier...

SamuraiFrog said...

4. The Man Who Would Be King

Becca said...

All but one! Very cool!! Here are the list of answers:

1. Superbad
2. Army of Darkness
3. Galaxy Quest
4. The Man Who Would Be King
5. Father Goose
6. Labyrinth
7. Raiders of the Lost Ark
8. Hook
9. Spartacus
10. Romancing the Stone