Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Halloween Horror Movie Quote Quiz!

Here are the rules:
If you know or think you know the source of the movie quote please leave your guess in the comments section. As people guess the source of the quote I will grey it out and give them credit (using google to find the answers will disqualify you), the person who has the most correct guesses each week will get a fun movie genius award to decorate their blog. Any person who wins 5 weeks (consecutive or non-consecutive) will earn a Movie Master award and must then refrain from guessing for 5 weeks but a master can email quote suggestions for the game.

Let the guessing begin!

1. "We accidently summoned demons who used to rule the universe to come and take over the world..."Yeah, we found out about it from, uh, one of Terry's albums." Randal Graves

2. "It takes all kinds of critters to make Farmer Vincent's fritters." SamuraiFrog

3. "Did you know that there is a certain species of turtle that can screw for three days without stopping? You dont believe me do you? But how could I make something like that up? Can you believe that three days? I'm lucky if I can get three minutes. You know how I know this because I went down to the zoo and I watched them. It was very boring. Well actually I didn't stay the whole three days I went down and I watched the zebras because they wont take thirty seconds premature ejaculation!"

4. "I think I could turn and live with animals. They are so placid and self-contained. They do not lie awake in the dark and weep for their sins. They do not make me sick discussing their duty to God. Not one of them kneels to another or to his own kind that lived thousands of years ago. Not one of them is respectable or unhappy, all over the earth." SamuraiFrog

5. "Dracula hasn't had servants in 400 years and then a man comes to his ancestral home, and he must convince him that he... that he is like the man. He has to feed him, when he himself hasn't eaten food in centuries. Can he even remember how to buy bread? How to select cheese and wine? And then he remembers the rest of it. How to prepare a meal, how to make a bed. He remembers his first glory, his armies, his retainers, and what he is reduced to. The loneliest part of the book comes... when the man accidentally sees Dracula setting his table." Randal Graves

6. "Jill, this is sergeant Sacker. Listen to me. We've traced the call... it's coming from inside the house. Now a squad car's coming over there right now, just get out of that house!" SamuraiFrog

7. "You can fool everybody, but landie dearie me, you can't fool a cat. They seem to know who's not right." Randal Graves

8. "Villainy wears many masks, none of which so dangerous as virtue..." SamuraiFrog

9. "I just can't take no pleasure in killing. There's just some things you gotta do. Don't mean you have to like it." SamuraiFrog

10. "The pain, I can assure you... will be exquisite. As for our deaths, there is nothing to fear. Our names will be written on a thousand walls. Our crimes told... and retold by our faithful believers. We shall die together in front of their very eyes... and give them something to be haunted by. Come with me... and be immortal." SamuraiFrog

**Update**
Wow! all but one guessed in two tries! That's impressive! In any case we have a winner and it's returning champ SamuraiFrog so here is your prize Samurai and congrats!


Thanks to everyone else who played! Come back next week for more movie guessing fun!

6 comments:

Randal Graves said...

#1 is The Gate. Wesley Crusher!
#5 is a completely underrated flick, Shadow of the Vampire.
#7 is Cat People?

Dammit, I know that I know some of the others, but the brain cells don't work as well as they used to.

Randal Graves said...

Wil Wheaton was in The Curse. There goes my fucking horror cred. Er, curse you, shitty movies from the 1980s!

SamuraiFrog said...

2. Motel Hell?

4. The Wicker Man (I think Christopher Lee is actually quoting William Blake)

6. When a Stranger Calls. The first 20 minutes of the original are brilliant. The rest...

8. Sleepy Hollow?

9. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

10. Candyman

Crash Chloride said...

2. Motel Hell
6. When a Stranger Calls
7. Cat People
8. Sleepy Hollow

Captain Incredible said...

It's horror, so I got nuthin', except that #3 says 'Steve Buscemi' to me.

But damned if I know what it's from...

Becca said...

Ooohh nearly guessed all! Here are all the answers!

1. The Gate
2. Motel Hell
3. Black Christmas
4. The Wicker Man
5. Shadow of the Vampire
6. When a Stranger Calls
7. Cat People
8. Sleepy Hollow
9. Texas Chainsaw Massacre
10. Candyman