Wednesday, December 19, 2007

These are a few of my favorite ornaments!

A couple weeks ago Swinebread had a great post with pictures of some favorite Christmas ornaments. It's very cool check it out if you haven't seen it yet...he even has a Cthulu ornament! Sweet!

In anycase even before I saw this fine post I had been planning to do something simular myself...so here are my favorite ornaments...you know the ones you have to put on the tree or else it just isn't christmas.

Watch out or Commander Riker will stun you ;)



I have 3 of these retro looking Christmas girls and I just love them. Here are two of the girls.




My Bettie Page bikini ornament! My favorite tradition.



Yep that's me in 1982. Awww wasn't I cute?



The Flash. This one is really SamuraiFrog's but I really adore it.



The U.S.S Defiant NX-74205...the lights on this one blink...so cool!



Chewbacca, Princess Leia and R2-D2...if only I had a Lando and a Qui-gon the tree would be complete.



And of course every tree needs a star or angel tree topper so I made this one for my tree. I took my talking Steve Irwin action figure and added the wings I'm sure he's received in heaven ;) Crikey now that's an angelic tree topper!

4 comments:

Swinebread said...

I LOVE IT! …Especially the Retro girls, Bettie Page… …and the Flash (of course).

You’ve put me to shame though, as the rest of my ornaments are not pop culture at all but family heirlooms. I gotta’ get me a Borg cube and mix it up!

Btw is the Bettie Page ornament from Dark Horse?

Wow, and now I know what you look like… *snort*

Semaj said...

love the U.S.S Defiant one.

I thought the Riker one was a nice touch. Riker's head is shaped kind of strange.

Becca said...

Swinebread-
Thank you! You are too kind, your tree is wayyyy cool!

And yes that's the Dark Horse Bettie Page ornament from like 10 or 15 years ago. I wish they had made more!

Semaj-
Isn't it great! I just love having the lightup space ship on the tree.

And I think the lighting on the Riker ornament is just bad cause he really does look okay in regular light.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Brilliant!