Monday, January 21, 2008

Classic B-Movie Posters #6: Eskimo Nell

Three young men, a scriptwriter, a producer and a director are called in by Benny U Murdoch, an exotic movie producer. He wants to make a new erotic movie starring a big woman - the "Eskimo Nell" of the title. However problems start from the beginning, the scriptwriter is a virgin, a lover of penguins and hasn't a clue on how to write an erotic movie, each of the three main backers want a different type of movie - a western, an erotic and a kung-fu movie with different people in the main part. However problems really start for the three when Benny runs off with all the money and they have to make three different versions of the same film and try not to let the backers and stars know what has happened. And this is made harder when there is a clean-up-filth society breathing down their necks....


I don't know what loving penguins has to do with this plot but if Roy Kinear and katy Manning are in it then I must see it!

4 comments:

John said...

Katie "Jo Grant" Manning? I always wondered what she got up to when she wasn't in the TARDIS (actually, I saw her in a farce movie a couple of months back... can't remember much about it except I think Leslie Philips was in it, which I think was the law for farce movies back then)

Captain Incredible said...

Roy Kinnear - he'll always be Planchet to me...

M.Bonancieux: "Your rascal can sleep here (throws blanket), and when monsieur beats him for insolence, his screams will scarce be heard..."

And then there's Katy - screamed a lot, draped herself about a Dalek. Curious...

Becca said...

John-
Yes that Katy Manning! I wonder what she's up to these days? I'll have to check out the IMDB.

Captain-
Me too! Those are such great movies!

And any girl cool enough to drape herself naked round a Dallek is pretty darn cool. That said Jo Grant is like my second or third favorite Who companion.

The Shockadelic "T" said...

Man, I just watched this one the other night. It's quite funny. Anna Quale is also in it for a stretch.