Monday, January 28, 2008

Guess That Movie Quote: Week 24

Here are the rules:
If you know or think you know the source of the movie quote please leave your guess in the comments section. As people guess the source of the quote I will grey it out and give them credit (using google to find the answers will disqualify you), the person who has the most correct guesses each week will get a fun movie genius award to decorate their blog. Any person who wins 5 weeks (consecutive or non-consecutive) will earn a Movie Master award and must then refrain from guessing for 5 weeks but a master can email quote suggestions for the game.

Now on to the guessing!

1. "I'm down, I've got the 411, and you are not going out and getting jiggy with some boy, I don't care how dope his ride is. My momma didn't raise no foo'!" SamuraiFrog

2. "You should've gone to China, you know, 'cause I hear they give away babies like free iPods. You know, they pretty much just put them in those t-shirt guns and shoot them out at sporting events." SamuraiFrog

3. "Moisture is the essence of wetness, and wetness is the essence of beauty."

4. "Nine million terrorists in the world and I gotta kill one with feet smaller than my sister." SamuraiFrog

5. "Hey, look friend, let's just cut the shit. Now we both know why I was transferred. Everybody thinks I'm suicidal, in which case, I'm fucked and nobody wants to work with me; or they think I'm faking to draw a psycho pension, in which case, I'm fucked and nobody wants to work with me. Basically, I'm fucked." SamuraiFrog

6. "This was no man. Does a man have teeth the size of axe blades? Or ears like terrible tombstones? By tampering with nature, forcing vegetables to swell far beyond their natural size, we have brought a terrible judgement upon ourselves. And for our sins, a hideous creature has been sent to punish us all! Repent! Repent!" SamuraiFrog

7. "Suddenly, I viddied what I had to do, and what I had wanted to do, and that was to do myself in; to snuff it, to blast off for ever out of this wicked, cruel world. One moment of pain perhaps and, then, sleep for ever, and ever and ever." SamuraiFrog

8. "There shall in that time be rumors of things going astray, erm, and there shall be a great confusion as to where things really are, and nobody will really know where lieth those little things with the sort of raffia-work base, that has an attachment. At that time, a friend shall lose his friend's hammer, and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight O'clock." RAB

9. "You're like Santa Claus with that list, Bud, except everyone on it's been naughty."

10. "People don't like you, Mitchell. I don't care for you much myself." SamuraiFrog

***UPDATE***
Wowee!! SamuraFrog really rocked this one with 7 correct guesses! Way to go Froggy! In any case if my calculations are correct (and they are) he is due to receive his second Movie Master Award! So here is your award:


And now good news for everyone else, since SamuraiFrog has been awarded a Master Award he must now (according to the rules) take a break from play. See you back on March 3rd and we'll see the rest of you back next week for more movie guessing fun!!!

6 comments:

SamuraiFrog said...

1. 10 Things I Hate About You
2. Juno
4. Die Hard
5. Lethal Weapon
6. Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit
7. A Clockwork Orange
10. Mitchell! Baby oil!!!!

RAB said...

8. Life of Brian

(thanks for leaving me one, SamuraiFrog...)

J.D. said...

[grumbles]

[sigh]

Oh well. Can't win 'em-- [snore]

pidomon said...

I finally know one and rab beats me to it dang it

Becca said...

And here are the answers!

1. 10 Things I Hate About You
2. Juno
3. Zoolander
4. Die Hard
5. Lethal Weapon
6. Wallace and Grommit Curse of the Were-Rabbit
7. A Clockwork Orange
8. Life of Brian
9. LA Confidential
10. Mitchell

SamuraiFrog said...

Yes! No one's as awesome as me! Especially J.D.!