Monday, February 11, 2008

Guess That Movie Quote: Week 26 Famous Last Words

Okay it's another theme week but hey why not theme weeks are fun and this time all the quotes were the last line(s) of a movie.

Here are the rules:
If you know or think you know the source of the movie quote please leave your guess in the comments section. As people guess the source of the quote I will grey it out and give them credit (using google to find the answers will disqualify you), the person who has the most correct guesses each week will get a fun movie genius award to decorate their blog. Any person who wins 5 weeks (consecutive or non-consecutive) will earn a Movie Master award and must then refrain from guessing for 5 weeks but a master can email quote suggestions for the game.

Let the guessing begin!

1. “I was cured all right.” Mob

2. “The way of the future. The way of the future.” J.D.

3. “Captain, it is I, Ensign Pulver, and I just threw your stinking palm tree overboard. Now, what’s all this crud about no movie tonight?” Dr. Monkey

4. “That's what makes us tough. Rich fellas come up an' they die an' their kids ain't no good, an' they die out. But we keep a-comin'. We're the people that live. They can't wipe us out. They can't lick us. And we'll go on forever, Pa... 'cause... we're the people.” MC

5. “Do I still have to sleep in the cupboard?” J.D.

6. "Emily, I have a little confession to make. I really am a horse doctor, but marry me and I'll never look at any other horse." (Crash Chloride)

7. “Even if we, the gods, are abandoned or forgotten, the stars will never fade, never. They will burn till the end of time.” J.D.

8. “I'm an average nobody. I get to live the rest of my life like a schnook.” MC

9. I'm not even gonna swat that fly. I hope they are watching. They'll see. They'll see and they'll know and they'll say, 'Why, she wouldn't even harm a fly.’” MC

10. “Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king. Hail to the king, baby.” MC

**UPDATE**
And we have a winner!!! Congrats to MC who has won his second quote quiz! Way to go MC and here is your reward!



Thanks to everyone for playing! And to Crash Chloride for finally guessing the Marx Brothers quote!! Come back next week for more guessing fun!

5 comments:

J.D. said...

2. The Aviator
5. Beauty and the Beast
7. Clash of the Titans, I think.

MC said...

4. The Grapes of Wrath
8. Goodfellas (I did it MY way Punk style and then Joe Pesci starts shooting people)
9. Psycho?
10. Army of Darkness

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

# 3 Mister Roberts.
# 9 What Ever Happened to Baby Jane
10 Bubba Ho Tep

Mob said...

1.) A Clockwork Orange
6.) So familiar....dammit.
9.) Psycho
10.) Army Of Darkness

Crash Chloride said...

Rasm Frasm, I need to get to this earlier but I have one that hasn't been guess yet. Wooo HOOOO

6) A Day at the Races

I love the Marx Brothers! Back in the day of the late afternoon movie on TV they would show them along with other now forgotten classics. I have to admit though my favorit was Elvis week, such cheesy goodness.

_