Monday, March 17, 2008

Guess That Movie Quote: Week 31

Here are the rules:
If you know or think you know the source of the movie quote please leave your guess in the comments section. As people guess the source of the quote I will grey it out and give them credit (using google to find the answers will disqualify you), the person who has the most correct guesses each week will get a fun movie genius award to decorate their blog. Any person who wins 5 weeks (consecutive or non-consecutive) will earn a Movie Master award and must then refrain from guessing for 5 weeks but a master can email quote suggestions for the game.

Now on to the guessing!

1. "It's the wood that should fear your hand, not the other way around. No wonder you can't do it, you acquiesce to defeat before you even begin." MC

2. "We tried sodium amatol on him three years ago to find where he buried a Princeton student; he gave 'em a recipe for potato chip dip." Bubs

3. "Yeah! I am sure. I've permanently yanked the silver spoon from my mouth, and I buried it 6,000 miles beneath the Earth's crust. I mean, figuratively speaking, of course. I mean, who could do such a thing? That would be insane."

4. "There was a dream that was Rome. You could only whisper it. Anything more than a whisper and it would vanish, it was so fragile." Bubs

5. "I should do something very extroverted and vengeful to you. Honestly, I'm too tired. So, I think I'll transfer you to the undergrowth department, brackens, more shrubs, that sort of thing... with a 19% cut in salary, backdated to the beginning of time." Bubs

6. "I want the people to know that they still have 2 out of 3 branches of the government working for them, and that ain't bad." Bubs

7. "George Michael is all about the ladies. "I want your sex". Does that sound like he's singing to a guy?" SamuraiFrog

8. "When people believed the earth was flat, the idea of a round world scared them silly. Then they found out how the round world works. It's the same with the world of the supernatural. Until we know how it works, we'll continue to carry around this unnecessary burden of fear."

9. "I don't want to know who you use, as long as they're not complete muppets." Bubs

10. "I know the presidents' chief advisor, we were at MIT together. And, at this point in time, you really don't want to take advice from a man who got a C minus in astrophysics. The presidents' advisors are wrong. I am right." MC

**Update**
Well it looks like we have a winner! Congrats to the awesome Bubs who swept this weeks quote quiz! Nice work Bubs! Collect your award bellow:


Thanks to all for playing and come on back next week for more guessing fun!!!

12 comments:

Bubs said...

9) Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
6) Mars Attacks
5) Time Bandits
4) Gladiator
2) Manhunter

MC said...

1. Kill Bill Vol 2
10. Armaggeddon

SamuraiFrog said...

Damn! I got here far too late! Well done, Bubs.

7 is Jersey Girl.

Devilham said...

10. Independance day?

pidomon said...

but but but I KNEW Time Bandits dang it LOL

Dean Wormer said...

Always late to the party.

Is there a certain time you post these on Mondays?

Becca said...

And here are the answers!


I guess this really proves that no one has seen Cabin Boy.

Oh and Dean to answer your question I don't post the quiz at the same time each week, just cause my schedule varies.

Becca said...

Oops didn't include the answers....DUH! Here they are:

1. Kill Bill vol 2
2. Manhunter
3. Cabin Boy
4. Gladiator
5. Time Bandits
6. Mars Attacks
7. Jersey Girl
8. The Haunting
9. Lock Stock and two smoking barrels
10. Armageddon

Russ said...

For Cabin Boy I would have gone with the much more obvious, "Would you like to buy a monkey?"

Becca said...

Russ-
I almost did but that perhaps it was too easy. David Letterman cracked me up! I haven't seen this movie in too long I need to watch it again!

Bubs said...

I'm so pissed that I missed the Kill Bill quote I almost don't care that I WON I WON I WON

Becca said...

Bubs-
I am inpressed by your movie know how! You are awesome!