Sunday, March 09, 2008

Your Vice is a Locked Room and Only I Have the Key

Okay, I really wanted to do an overlooked movie post about a really great Giallo I just saw called Your Vice is a Locked Room and Only I Have the Key, but I could find almost no making of information about the film! LAME! So instead here is a breif summary of the plot and lots of pictures to intrique...

Oliviero is a burned-out writer, living at his estate near Venice, his dead mother dominating his imagination. He is also a degenerate: sleeps with his maid and his ex-student, hosts Bacchanalia for local hippies, and humiliates his wife Irina in front of strangers. She lives in terror. When a young woman is murdered, police suspect Oliviero. Things get complicated when his young, beautiful, and self-confident niece, Floriana, pays an unexpected visit. A silver-haired stranger observes. More women die, and thoughts of harming Irina give Oliviero new inspiration. What's Floriana's game and who's the observant stranger? Watching all is a black cat named Satan.









4 comments:

sir jorge said...

i overlook a lot of things.

Ben Varkentine said...

Wait a minute...that last picture...isn't that the poster for Cats?

Another reason that show's long run was a nightmare...

Tenacitus said...

I discovered your blog entirely by accident just today. It's awesome. I'm a *massive* film fan, so I'll check back again. And...where's Robot Monster in your sidebar list?

Becca said...

Sir Jorge-
Me too thank god for Netflix!

Ben-
Oh dear god you are right it does look like the Cats poster...creepy...and not in a good way...Cats really does sneak into all aspects of pop culture doesn't it.

Tenacitus-
So glad you stumbled into the place! Feel free to drop by read, comment, etc whenever you like! Oh and you are right it does feel like Ro-Man should be somewhere in my sidebar! I must remedy this!