Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Guess That Movie Quote: Week 37

How about another theme week? Okay you talked me into it...

This week I will be posting pictures of spaceships that have been featured in various movies. To receive credit give me the name of the ship and the movie it was featured in. A close approximation of the ship name will count but there are 2 ships here that do not have a name...at least that I know of.

Here are the rules:
If you know or think you know the source of the movie quote please leave your guess in the comments section. As people guess I will grey it out and give them credit (using google to find the answers will disqualify you), the person who has the most correct guesses each week will get a fun movie genius award to decorate their blog. Any person who wins 5 weeks (consecutive or non-consecutive) will earn a Movie Master award and must then refrain from guessing for 5 weeks but a master can email quote suggestions for the game.

Now to boldly guess...

1. Ben & (Crash Chloride)



2. Ben & (Adept Havelock)



3. (Crash Chloride)



4. Ben & Captian Incredible



5. Ben & Adam



6. Ben



7. Ben



8. Adam



9. Adam & Captian Incredible



10. Ben & (Crash Chloride)



**Update**
Since I said at the begining to win you had to name the movie and the ship I gave credit to the first person who identified the movie and the first person eho identified the name of the ship! But we have a clear winner this week so congrats to Ben for the most correct responses! You rock Ben and since I can't give you your own spacecraft you will find your very own award below:


Thanks to everyone for playing! This was a really fun theme! I will post the answers in the comments and come on back next week for more movie guessing fun!

11 comments:

Ben Varkentine said...

Can I get half credit? For most of these, I know the movie but not the ship.

1=Explorers.

2=The Last Starfighter. Come to think of it, "Starfighter" might be the name of the ship...

3=Oh, damn! That looks so familiar but I just can't place it.

4=I'm thinking one of the Alien movies?

5=2001

6=Martian ship, George Pal's War of the Worlds.

7=The Satellite of Love, MST3K.

8 & 9, no idea, but

11=Spaceballs.

Adam said...

1. The Explorers

2. The Last Starfighter

3. Looks very familiar, but I'm not sure what from. At a guess I'll say the Lost In Space film

5. 2001: A Space Odyssey

6. 1950's version of The War Of The Worlds

8. Flight Of The Navigator

9. Again not sure, but looks like it could be Forbidden Planet

10. Lone Starr's Winnebago from Spaceballs. May the Schwartz be with you!

Adam said...

Damn! Must've been writing as Ben posted. Forgot the names aswell.

3. If it is Lost In Space, then the Jupiter 2.

5. The Discovery?

Ben's got the other names I know

Crash Chloride said...

1. Thunder Road from Explorers
2. A starfigther from the Last Starfighter???
3. The Golden Hear from Hitchhicker's Guid to the Galaxy
5. Discovery One from 2001 a Space Oddyssey.
6. an Alien from the 1953 version of War of the Worlds(colorized?)
8. The Navigator(?) from Flight of the Navigator.
10. The Eagle 5 from Space Balls

Captain Incredible said...

3 - The Heart of Gold from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy;

4 - Nostromo from Alien;

9 - United Planets Cruiser C-57D from Forbidden Planet (a total classic)...

Leighann said...

You know I've always had suspicions that I'm incredibly lame. Finally today, reading this post, I realized just how deep the lame-ness goes.

I only recognize two of those ships and don't have the foggiest idea what either of their names are.

I think I'll go sit in the corner and come to terms with my lame. :)

Adept Havelock said...

1) Explorers - Thunder Road

2) The Last Starfighter- Gunstar

3) Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: Heart of Gold

4) Alien- Nostromo

5) 2001- Discovery One

6) War of the Worlds- Martian "Tripod" on magnetic force legs

7) Mystery Science Theatre 3000- Satellite of Love

8) Flight of the Navigator- Max

9) Forbidden Planet- C-57D

10) Spaceballs- Eagle 5


I'm surprised you left out the "Vulture" from Andy Griffith's "Salvage One"

Becca said...

What's Salvage One? I have to turn in my geek card for not know that one.

Oh and the answers:
1. Explorers (the Thunder Road)

2. The Last Starfighter (Gunstar)

3. The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy (The Heart of Gold)

4. Alien (The Nostromo)

5. 2001: A Space Odyssey (Discovery One)

6. War of the Worlds (Martian War Machines)

7. MST3K the Movie (The Satellite of Love)

8. Flight of the Navigator (the ship has no name)

9. Forbidden Planet (United Planets Cruiser C-57D)

10. Spaceballs (Eagle 5)

Adept Havelock said...

Salvage One was a short lived TV series in 1979. Very campy, but fun. Basically, Andy Griffith plays a junkman/salvage guy who decides to build his own SSTO spacecraft, fly to the moon, and salvage the lunar rover, lower stage of the LEM, etc. from one of the later Apollo missions.

It didn't age well, but is a real hoot. You can find torrents of the pilot movie, but the later episodes were pretty horrible.

I always had a soft spot for the ship. Anyone who uses a cement mixer as a Command Module gets a thumbs up in my book.

http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Launchpad/9782/salvage1.html

Becca said...

Wow that sounds too cool for words! I'll have to check this out...I have a weak spot for Andy Griffith :)

Adept Havelock said...

If you can't find it, drop me an email at Thuktun42@[nospam]hotmail.com. :)