Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Guess That Movie Quote: Week 38

It's Quote Quiz Time Again!

Here are the rules:
If you know or think you know the source of the movie quote please leave your guess in the comments section. As people guess the source of the quote I will grey it out and give them credit (using google to find the answers will disqualify you), the person who has the most correct guesses each week will get a fun movie genius award to decorate their blog. Any person who wins 5 weeks (consecutive or non-consecutive) will earn a Movie Master award and must then refrain from guessing for 5 weeks but a master can email quote suggestions for the game.

Now let the guessing begin!

1. "It ain't D-E-R-E, it's D-E-A-R. And 'Sarah' ain't got no two R's, King. Damn you're dumb." Splotchy

2. "This is my special nail polish. I make it myself. You Want to know my secret ingredient? Rattlesnake venom. I just love what it does to the coloring. It's perfectly harmless... when it's dry." J.D.

3. "They say the best weapon is one you never have to fire. I prefer the weapon you only need to fire once. That's how dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far." Adam

4. "I must say, Dr. Hill, I'm VERY disappointed in you. You steal the secret of life and death, and here you are trysting with a bubble-headed coed. You're not even a second-rate scientist!" Splotchy

5. "You know the saying, 'Human see, human do'." Splotchy

6. "My teeth have begun to fall out. The medicine cabinet is now the Brundle Museum of Natural History. Wanna see what else is in it?" Adam

7. "Now the time has come. I put two bullets in my gun. One for me, and one for you. Oh darling, it will be so beautiful." Adam

8. "It's not necessary to lay a foul tongue on me my friend. I could get upset. Things could get out of hand. Then in self defense, I could do something to you that you would not like, right here." The Imaginary Reviewer

9. "How can you trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders? The man can't even trust his own pants." (doyler29)

10. "I'd have to be pretty stupid to write a book about killing and then kill him the way I described in my book. I'd be announcing myself as the killer. I'm not stupid." Adam

**Update**
Man it was a close game this week but with 4 correct guesses Adam is the winner of a lovely award below. Good work Adam all those hours of movie watching finally paid off! :)


And thanks to everyone else for playing! Come back next Tuesday for more movie guessing fun!

11 comments:

Adam said...

6. The Fly
10. Basic Instinct

Splotchy said...

1. Platoon
4. Re-Animator

Splotchy said...

5. Planet of the Apes

J.D. said...

2. Holes

Adam said...

7. Misery

Adam said...

3. Iron Man

doyler29 said...

9. Once Upon a Time in the West

pidomon said...

#3 Dr Strangelove? Maybe just for me?

sigh

The Imaginary Reviewer said...

8 - Cape Fear?

GFS3 said...

1. Is definitely "Platoon."
2. One of the Grindhouse flicks?
3. "Ironman" -- that's how many times I've seen the trailer
4. No idea
5. "Planet of the Apes"
6-8. Don't know
9. "Once Upon a Time in the West"
10. Ummm...

Becca said...

Okay the answers...

1. Platoon
2. Holes
3. Iron man
4. Re-Animator
5. Planet of the Apes
6. The Fly
7. Misery
8. Cape Fear
9. Once upon a Time in the West
10. Basic Instinct