Here are the rules:
If you know or think you know the source of the movie quote please leave your guess in the comments section. As people guess the source of the quote I will grey it out and give them credit (using google to find the answers will disqualify you), the person who has the most correct guesses each week will get a fun movie genius award to decorate their blog. Any person who wins 5 weeks (consecutive or non-consecutive) will earn a Movie Master award and must then refrain from guessing for 5 weeks but a master can email quote suggestions for the game.
Now on to the guessing!
1. "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?" Adam
2. "This isn't the Republicans versus the Democrats, where we're in a hole economically or... or we're in another war. This is more crucial than that. This is down to the line, folks, this is down to the line. There can be no more divisions among the living!" The Imaginary Reviewer
3. "I'll chase him 'round the moons of Nibia and 'round the Antares Maelstrom and 'round perdition's flames before I give him up." Captain Incredible
4. "Listen, not a year goes by, not a year, that I don't hear about some escalator accident involving some bastard kid which could have easily been avoided had some parent - I don't care which one - but some parent conditioned him to fear and respect that escalator." Bradda
5. "When single shines the triple sun, what was sundered and undone shall be whole, the two made one, by gelfling hand or else by none." The Imaginary Reviewer
6. "No, you submit, do you hear? You be strong, you survive... You stay alive, no matter what occurs! I will find you. No matter how long it takes, no matter how far, I will find you." Battlemaiden
7. "All right, sweethearts, what are you waiting for? Breakfast in bed? Another glorious day in the corps! A day in the Marine Corps is like a day on the farm. Every meal's a banquet! Every paycheck a fortune! Every formation a parade! I LOVE the corps!" Captain Incredible
8. "When a man's jawbone drops off it's time to reassess the situation." Captain Incredible
9. "It's like God gave you something, man. All those stories you can make up. And He said, this is what we got for you kid, try not to lose it. But kids lose everything unless there's someone there to look out for them. And if your parents are too fucked up to do it, then maybe I should!" Splotchy
10. "I dunno what the hell's in there, but it's weird and pissed off, whatever it is." Adam
Holy cow this is a record! Every single quote was guessed in a matter of a few hours! Good work movie fans! But this weeks winner is the super heroicCaptain Incredible congrats Captain on your mad movie quote guessing skillz! Collect your award bellow:
And thanks to everyone who made a guess! We had some new guessers this week which was quite cool! Don't forget to come back next Tuesday for more movie guessing fun! But beware movie master SamuraiFrog will be back next week...
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Here are the rules:
Posted by Becca at Tuesday, May 13, 2008