Thursday, June 12, 2008

Becca here...

Okay said I'd be do a post here and there and that's what I'm doing! Preparations are going well I finished work on my mini-comic tonight and I'll be onto the next thing tomorrow! I promise once printing options are finalized to do a post with pictures from the book and the cover, which I am very fond of!

Until then here are a few drawings I've done in the last couple of days. Hope you enjoy!

Here is a poor scan of a pencil sketch of The Venture Brothers! The reast of the drawing isn't complete yet but I love the way Doc Venture turned out!



Wonder Woman and Supergirl getting a bit friendly!



I've been rewatching The Beatles movies this week and this just popped out.



Oh and I also wanted to thank SamuraiFrog and Ahenobarbus for their super terrific posts! Thanks for everything! I cannot even express how grateful I am and how helpful this has been!

6 comments:

The Imaginary Reviewer said...

I am LOVING that Beatles pic. That's superb! Being a Liverpudlian in North America means I get a lot of people trying to guess which Beatle I sound like the most (John, apparently, despite the fact that I don't have a Liverpool accent) so this pic has grabbed me.

Arkonbey said...

I really like that WW/SG pic. Nothing makes WW appear amazonian than to be placed next to a 'normal' girl. I also really like how you work their noses and eyes (like Les McClane you get a lot of expression out of some open circled commas). I also find the stances to be quite natural and you do the superheroine high heels much better than I (what, no boots on WW?)

The VB sketch is nice, you really got the faces down (and it's always nice to see stylized characters done in a different artist's style). However, the hands are problematic. (I realize it's a sketch, though)

Becca said...

Imaginary-
Awww thanks! I was trying something a little different for me and I'm glad it worked out!

And now I think I'll always hear your comments in the voice of John Lennon even though you don't really sound like him :)

Arkonbey-
Thanks for the kind words and the feedback! I think I started with boots on WW but decided I wanted to make her look as different as possible from Supergirl so I ended up with heels.

I hadn't heard of Les McClaine but just checked him out now. His art is really great I'm going to have to find some of his stuff to read.

Semaj said...

I really like the Venture Bros. one. I like that you made Brock Samson a bit rounder in the overall shape, I think they draw him a bit blocker on the show. But,it is interesting seeing him in your universe.

Chris said...

The Beatles one is great.

Agent Orange said...

Supergirl just isn't in Wonder Woman's league. It would be Lindsay Lohan making out with Megan Fox. I hope that I haven't given anyone naughty ideas.