Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Guess That Movie Quote: Week 42

Here are the rules:
If you know or think you know the source of the movie quote please leave your guess in the comments section. As people guess the source of the quote I will grey it out and give them credit (using google to find the answers will disqualify you), the person who has the most correct guesses each week will get a fun movie genius award to decorate their blog. Any person who wins 5 weeks (consecutive or non-consecutive) will earn a Movie Master award and must then refrain from guessing for 5 weeks but a master can email quote suggestions for the game.

Now get guessing!

1. "Most of the men in this town think monogamy is some kind of wood." The Imaginary Reviewer

2. "You know, for an old man you ain't bad in a fight. What are you, like 80?" SamuraiFrog

3. "I need a break. There's no retirement home for assassins is there? Archery at four. Riflery at five." (Vash)

4. "Mister... you can say anything you want about me. I'm gonna have to ask you not to talk about my horse that way." (JMC)

5. "Whatever happened to "we rape, we pillage"?" (Vash)

6. "Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "I drank what"?" SamuraiFrog

7. "And that's our task. Liberation. Freedom. Let's toast to Lawrence. Let's toast to our defects. Toast, to our friendship. Drink cold, piss warm." (JMC)

8. "Now there is one thing every girl in the whole world whose name is Shanna has in common with each other - we all hate the name Shawna. And we really hate when people call us Shawna. Remember it's Shanna banana not Shawna banawna." Smallerdemon

9. "I don't want to be a pie. I don't like gravy." SamuraiFrog

10. "And maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else, I don't know. But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves." SamuraiFrog

**Update**
Sorry this update comes so late! I've been very busy...post to follow soon on that topic but I can safely declare a winner as all the quotes have been guessed. This week's winner once again is the amazing SamuraiFrog!


Can anyone stop this man? Well actually I can for a couple of weeks! Starting next Tuesday SamuraiFrog will be guest posting the quote quiz for me. I have a ton of stuff on my plate right now and he has graciously been nagged into volunteering to help me on the quiz for a bit.

So come back next week when it's anybodies game!

7 comments:

SamuraiFrog said...

2. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
6. Real Genius
9. Chicken Run
10. Spartacus

The Imaginary Reviewer said...

1: The Mask.

Vash said...

The first is from The Mask, one of the few memorable lines I've heard from Amy Yasbeck

The second, I had a little help on, my roommate had seen the movie and told me about the line yesterday, we both had a laugh, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Third, from The Matador, i caught this on DVD a couple weeks back, not quite Brosnan's finest role, but i always liked him in the bond films

Im afraid i don't know number four

Five sounds familiar, but im drawing a blank. Im thinking it was from Ice Pirates, but i cant be sure.

Number six is from Real Genius! i haven't seen that movie in ages... I'll have to see if i can dig up my old VHS, if it even still works.

The last few elude me at this time, but i must go to work, Live long and Prosper

smallerdemon said...

8. Grindhouse - Death Proof if you want to get technical. ;) I do believe that line was delivered to Eli Roth's friend at the chili house when they are drinking at the table.

I knew 2, but 'twas guessed.

3. The Matador? (Just guessing.)

Captain Incredible said...

Gods be praised - Froggy only got four...

On the downside, I only got one. And wasn't quick enough with that...

jmc_va said...

4. hidalgo
7. henry + june

i'm pretty sure everything else has been named.

pidomon said...

as usual I know none (still waiting for the incompetence or incontinence award) but enjoy the feeling I MAY know something before I see the qoutes :)