Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Guess That Movie Quote: Week 43

SamuraiFrog here. Since Becca's so busy with photo projects and comic projects and getting ready for WizardWorld, she's asked me to keep the quote quiz alive. And I've reluctantly agreed, even though that means I won't be winning this for the next few weeks. Grr... way to ingratiate myself, by the way, right?

I hope I do an alright job on this. I run a lyrics quiz every week on my own blog, and sometimes it seems my own tastes are too obscure for people (well, for the five or so people who ever guess on it, anyway).

So, here are Becca's rules:
If you know or think you know the source of the movie quote please leave your guess in the comments section. As people guess the source of the quote I will grey it out and give them credit (using google to find the answers will disqualify you), the person who has the most correct guesses each week will get a fun movie genius award to decorate their blog. Any person who wins 5 weeks (consecutive or non-consecutive) will earn a Movie Master award and must then refrain from guessing for 5 weeks but a master can email quote suggestions for the game.

Let's go!

1. "Well, Colonel, all I can say is... you can't have your cake and shoot it, too." (jmc_va)

2. "In a world where carpenters get resurrected, everything is possible." (MC)

3. "Hey, hey, hey. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are." (Devilham)

4. "Ok ladies it's time for the gratuitous nudity. You supply the nudity, and we supply the gratuity." (jmc_va)

5. "I'm a Derek. Dereks don't run." (The Imaginary Reviewer)

6. "They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time." (Splotchy)

7. "Well, the Pope may be French, but Jesus is English! You're on!" (MC)

8. "Yeah, little bit of pain never hurt anybody. If you know what I mean. Also, I think knives are a good idea. Big, fuck-off shiny ones. Ones that look like they could skin a crocodile. Knives are good, because they don't make any noise, and the less noise they make, the more likely we are to use them. Shit 'em right up. Makes it look like we're serious. Guns for show, knives for a pro." (MC)

9. "I find everyone's pain amusing, except my own... I'm French!" (jmc_va)

10. "Lie to no one. If they're somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them?" (MC)


Update
Okay, MC is this week's winner, and well done, sir. Becca will be along today to put up an award. I hope this week wasn't too painful, and I'll see you again with this next Tuesday!

and here MC is your award!

8 comments:

Splotchy said...

Ouch, these are tough.
#6. Anchorman

Splotchy said...

#3. Max Max III: Beyond Thunderdome

Devilham said...

#3, Buckaroo Banzai?

MC said...

2. The Lion in Winter
7. A Knight's Tale
8. Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
10. Thief?

The Imaginary Reviewer said...

5: Bad Taste

pidomon said...

#5 Logans Run?
(yes im lame lol)

jmc_va said...

#1 to be or not to be
#4 my chauffeur
#9 flushed away

SamuraiFrog said...

Boy, I sure hope jmc_va isn't J.D. googling again... that would be disappointing....

Sorry to be so long with the answers: Becca puts them in the comments, so here they are.

1. To Be or Not to Be
2. The Lion in Winter
3. The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai
4. My Chauffeur
5. Bad Taste
6. Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy
7. A Knight's Tale
8. Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
9. Flushed Away
10. Thief