Wednesday, June 25, 2008

It's here! It's here!

Well after the long wait and all the preperations the Wizard World Chicago Comic Book convention 2008 is finally happening this weeked June 26-29th! So if you are in town stop by and see me! You can find me at table 3814 in the Artist's Alley, it'll be the one with the big dinosaur toy and the girl with the pink hair.



As I did last year I will be selling original art and commissions ranging in price from $10-$20 each. But this year I will also be selling a brand new TV themed mini-sketchbook called The Couch Potato Sketchbook:



I will also be selling copies of my very first comic book project called The Super Hip Kick Ass, But in a Totally, Like, Non-Violent Weah Yeah? Super Power Girl Gang! Written by the super talented John Hulme. It's the story of 4 ordinary science students who have been transformed into super heriones after an experiment gone wrong. It's cute, it's fun and I think it turned out pretty great. Here's the cover:



So I hope to see you there but if you can't make it and want to order a drawing or one of the books just drop me an email at ladygorgon@yahoo.com

I promise to take lots of pictures and share them when I get back!

9 comments:

pidomon said...

just sent ya an email
stuff looks great

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Best of luck, I hope you tear it up this year hon!

Swinebread said...

I hope you have a great time

give us all good report

Randal Graves said...

Heh heh, those covers are great! Best of luck and hope you return rich, but not too famous - paparazzi and all that.

Bradda said...

Good luck and hope you rake it in. Can't wait for the pics...

Captain Incredible said...

We'll be expecting a full report - sorry I can't be there, but knock 'em dead, break a leg, that sorta thing :)

Arkonbey said...

Will you be selling the SHGG comic online?

Hope you have horrible problems at the con. You know, problems like way too many people in line at your table, selling out of your merch, or the stress of having talented pros complement your work...

Becca said...

Pidomon-
Thanks for the email!

Dr. Monkey-
Thanks for your monkey fez filled wishes!

Swinebread-
Awww thanks!!! Post to follow soon!!!

Randal-
Luckily no paparazzi to shake off yet, but did get to take pictures with a number of fans of my stuff this weekend which was pretty darn cool!

Bradda-
Thanks for the well wishes!!! I think pics will be up tonight or tomorrow.

Captain-
Awww you were with me in super spirit! I think I saw a few people dressed up like you Captain I hope you get some money off of that ;)

Arkonbey-
I will be selling the Super Hip comic online, probably just out of the house though. I'll be putting up info on how to buy that and the other sketchbooks later this week. Thanks for asking!

And LOL! I wish I had problems like that. Ethan Van Sciver was down the row from me and his line stretched for ages and never shrunk! That man has come a long way from Cyberfrog.

Captain Incredible said...

People dressed like the Captain?

Interesting...

There might indeed be licensing opportunities - not that I would ever stoop to shameless self-promotion or anything like that, of course.

(Hmmm - ideas and opportunities...)