Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Guess That Movie Quote: Week 46

Hey everyone! Now that I have returned to posting I wanted to throw a special thank you to SamuraiFrog for keeping the quote quiz going the last few weeks while I was so busy! But now that I'm back that means he's a competitor again so watch out!

And now the rules:
If you know or think you know the source of the movie quote please leave your guess in the comments section. As people guess the source of the quote I will grey it out and give them credit (using google to find the answers will disqualify you), the person who has the most correct guesses each week will get a fun movie genius award to decorate their blog. Any person who wins 5 weeks (consecutive or non-consecutive) will earn a Movie Master award and must then refrain from guessing for 5 weeks but a master can email quote suggestions for the game.

Now on to the guessing!

1. "You got a lot of nerve. You come in here, you lick my wife's armpit. You know... I'm going to have that image in my head for the rest of my life with your tongue in there." SamuraiFrog

2. "I didn't sleep a wink last night. Do you know what it's like to hear birds singing at dawn, after you've just spend the whole night crying...? Don't you know this is KILLING me? Have you any idea what it's like... to have you come in here every day, and not be able to talk normally to you, or show how I feel about you, or speak to anybody else about you... Hell, I don't even know what to CALL you!" Bubs

3. "You pace the deck like a caged beast, for one who enjoys the hashish you should be more at peace." SamuraiFrog

4. "All I want to do is graduate from high school, go to Europe, marry Christian Slater, and die. Now it may not sound too great to a sconehead like you, but I think it's swell. And you come along and tell me I'm a member of the hairy mole club so you can throw things at me?" Bubs

5. "Jimmy, if you keep stabbing me, you're going to kill me." SamuraiFrog

6. "I told him I wouldn't teach him any more. But he refused to accept it, he just kept coming back. It began to feel like our secret, and well, secrets can be... seductive." Bradda

7. "They have to paint me red before they chop me. It's a different religion from ours. I think." SamuraiFrog

8. "Disturbing the peace? I got thrown out of a window! What's the fuckin' charge for getting pushed out of a moving car, huh? Jaywalking?" SamuraiFrog

9. "In my mind's eye, I see, three circles joined in priceless, graceful harmony. Two full as the moon, one hollow as a crown. Two from the sea, five fathoms down. One from the earth, deep under the ground. The whole, a mark of high renown. Tell me, what can it be?" Captain Incredible

10. "Morgan honey, just because she has on a funny dress doesn't mean she's a princess. She's a seriously confused woman who's fallen into our laps." SamuraiFrog

**Update**
All right everything was guessed! That's so cool!!! Great guessing everyone! But we have a winner and it's the Stephen Hawking of movie trivia SamuraiFrog Way to go Samurai! You may collect your award below:


Thanks for playing everyone and come on back next Tuesday for more movie guessing fun!

13 comments:

SamuraiFrog said...

1. Flirting with Disaster
3. Either The Thief of Bagdad or The Golden Voyage of Sinbad
5. Chopper (!!)
7. Help!
8. Beverly Hills Cop
9 sounds like The Thief and the Cobbler, but I think that's unlikely somehow.
10. Enchanted

Bubs said...

dammit. beat me to it.

Bubs said...

Well, OK. I know a couple he didn't answer already:

2) Superman II?
4) Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Arkonbey said...

6. silence of the lambs.

I can't place nine and it bugs me, man, it really bugs me!

MC said...

5. Scream

Bradda said...

6. Notes on a Scandal
8. Bev. Hills Cop
9. Conan?

Captain Incredible said...

9 is from Clash of the Titans, I believe...

Dean Wormer said...

Just want to say I loved Enchanted.

pidomon said...

just want to say again I know none of them! n (although I should have gotten #2 DUH)

at least the streak continues!

Scurvy said...

Crap. The only 2 I knew are Help, and Clash of the Titans.

Splotchy said...

I wouldn't have gotten #9, but I want to applaud you for including it, and Cap'n Incredible for ID'ing it.

Man, maybe I be needing to add that movie to my Netflix queue. I loved it when it came out.

And kudos to Bubs for #2. I would have guessed Starman.

Becca said...

Okay here are the answers:

1. Flirting with Disaster
2. Superman II
3. The Golden Voyage of Sinbad
4. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
5. Chopper
6. Notes on a Scandal
7. Help!
8. Beverly Hills Cop
9. Clash of the Titans
10. Enchanted

petertparker said...

Hi Nice BLog way to quit smoking is not easy, but you can do it. To have the best chance of quitting successfully, you need to know what you’re up against, what your options are, and where to go for help. You'll find this information here.