Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Guess That Movie Quote: Week 49

Hooray it's another theme week! This time in honor of the release of the super awesome wonderful Dark Knight all of this week's quotes come from one of the many Batman movies.

Some great Batman art by Dustin Nguyen

The rules:
If you know or think you know the source of the movie quote please leave your guess in the comments section. As people guess the source of the quote I will grey it out and give them credit (using google to find the answers will disqualify you), the person who has the most correct guesses each week will get a fun movie genius award to decorate their blog. Any person who wins 5 weeks (consecutive or non-consecutive) will earn a Movie Master award and must then refrain from guessing for 5 weeks but a master can email quote suggestions for the game.

Now on to the guessing!

1. "Vengeance blackens the soul, Bruce. I've always feared that you would become that which you fought against. You walk the edge of that abyss every night, but you haven't fallen in and I thank heaven for that."

2. "Soon my little "Box" will be on countless TVs around the world. Feeding me, credit card numbers, bank codes, sexual fantasies, and little white lies. Into my head they'll go. Victory is inevitable." Shadoian

3. "Ignorance is bliss, my friend. Don't burden yourself with the secrets of scary people." Shadoian

4. "Let me get this straight. You think that your employer, one of the richest men in the world, is spending his nights running around the city beating criminals to a pulp with his bare hands? And your plan is to blackmail him? Good luck with that." Shadoian

5. "You're just jealous, because I'm a genuine freak and you have to wear a mask!" Shadoian

6. "There's just something about an anatomically correct rubber suit that puts fire in a girl's lips." Shadoian

7. "See, I'm a man of simple tastes. I like gunpowder...and dynamite...and gasoline! Do you know what all of these things have in common? They're cheap!" Shadoian

8. "Who knows, Robin? This strange mixing of minds may be the greatest single service ever performed for humanity! Let's go, but, inconspicuously, through the window. We'll use our Batropes. Our job is finished." Arkonbey

9. "I was everything they wanted me to be. I was never more beautiful. Never more powerful. And then I turned 40 and they threw me away." Mob

10. "Now comes the part where I relieve you, the little people, of the burden of your failed and useless lives. But, as my plastic surgeon always said: if you gotta go, go with a smile." Arkonbey

**Update**
Well the winner was clear yesterday but I thought I'd give it another day and see if anyone could answer the remaining quotes. In any case congrats to the super Batman knowledgeable Shadoian who batusi'ed his way to winning the contest! Way to go Shadoian you may collect your award below:


And thanks to everyone for playing and don't forget to come back next week, same bat time, same bat channel for more guessing fun! The answers are in the comments.

14 comments:

Arkonbey said...

8. Batman: the movie. The one with Adam West. The line references the climax where they re-hydrate the (I think) UN Security Council.

10. Batman (Tim Burton). said by Jack Nicholson as the Joker

shadoian said...

1. Michael Caine (Alfred) in Batman Begins.

2. Jim Carrey (the Riddler) in Batman Forever.

3. Cillian Murphy (the Scarecrow) in Batman Begins)

4. Morgan Freeman (Lucius Fox) in The Dark Knight.

5. Danny Devito (the Penguin) in Batman Returns.

6. Uma Thurman (Poison Ivy) in Batman and Robin.

7. Heath Ledger (the Joker) in the Dark Knight

8. Adam West (Batman) in Batman the Movie.

9. Michelle Pfieffer (Catwoman) in Batman Returns.

10. Jack Nicholson (the Joker) in Batman.

Splotchy said...

what shadoian said, except earlier than him

Becca said...

Arkonbey-
Right on! That Adam West Batman movie always cracks me up!

Shadoian-
Holy cow great job man! Looks like you are the winner but I'll leave it up for another day and see if anyone can guess the last couple.

Splotchy-
LOL!

Mob said...

I'm guessing 9 is Catwoman, the Halle Berry version, possibly Sharon Stone saying it? I don't remember the line at all, I just remember modeling or something factoring into that film...

Captain Incredible said...

Curses! Foiled by the 5-hour time difference and an unusually crime-free night - even the Mightiest of Men needs his sleep...

1 is by Michael Gough as Alfred; I'm just not certain in which movie but I'll take a stab and go for Batman Forever.

9 - Hah! We shall speak of it no more!

As for 4 & 7, I'll have to wait until Thursday...

To the Batpoles!

Semaj said...

1. Mask of the Phatonism (Spelling)
9. The Animated series, the episode with Baby Doll (first episode)

Arkonbey said...

I forgot to say how awesome that Nguyen's art is. If it isn't real watercolor, it sure does look it.

also: Two! I've improved 100% over last time! Yay!

Devilham said...

#8. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, one of the animated films

Devilham said...

Crap, I meant #9, 9 is Mask of the Phantasm?

Becca said...

Arkonbey-
Yeah I think that is watercolors. You should check out his website there's some really great stuff on there. So talented!

And here are the answers!

1. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
2. Batman Forever
3. Batman Begins
4. The Dark Knight
5. Batman Returns
6. Batman and Robin
7. The Dark Knight
8. Batman (1966)
9. Catwoman
10. Batman (1989)

shadoian said...

Hey! I won? Awesome! I really dig these contests, but rarely see 'em in time. I'll have to keep better tabs.

Can't believe I put myself in a box that didn't include the animated movies. I mean, jeez... what kind of a dork am I? And I never saw Catwoman. Kinda meant to, but never really managed to get around to watching a ridiculously crappy film.

Becca said...

Feel free to guess anytime! We do this once a week on Tuesdays.

And I actually never saw that crapy looking Catwoman either...open toed shoes on the Catwoman costume is such a no no! And that's just the tip of the iceburg!

pidomon said...

missed it this week. dang you comic con lol