Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Guess That Movie Quote: Week 51

The rules:
If you know or think you know the source of the movie quote please leave your guess in the comments section. As people guess the source of the quote I will grey it out and give them credit (using google to find the answers will disqualify you), the person who has the most correct guesses each week will get a fun movie genius award to decorate their blog. Any person who wins 5 weeks (consecutive or non-consecutive) will earn a Movie Master award and must then refrain from guessing for 5 weeks but a master can email quote suggestions for the game.

Time to play!

1. "Rick, I want Debbie. You dump her and I'll give you cash. Ten thousand dollars, plus a G.E. toaster over; a Litton microwave; a Cuisinart; Michelin tires, brand new; a set of Sears' best metric tools..." Lee

2. "I like my women married, my willpower weak, my wine strong, and my saints fallen."

3. "This is unacceptable. We cannot have nine-year-olds working in sweatshops making ACME goods... when three-year-olds work for so much less..."
"But they require naps, sir."
"Put double espresso in their sippy cups."
Lee

4. "Shut up, you American. You Americans, all you do is talk, and talk, and say "let me tell you something" and "I just wanna say." Well, you're dead now, so shut up." RAB

5. "Not beautiful you understand, but you have a certain prettiness, different from my other heads. I believe I'll lock you in the tower for a few years until your head is ready. And then I'll take it." RAB

6. "Hey! You're that secret agent! That English secret agent! From England!" Lee

7. "Now, I would just like to point out that this film is displaying a distinct tendency to become SILLY. Now, nobody likes a good laugh more than I do... except, perhaps my wife... and some of her friends. Oh, yes, and Captain Johnson. Come to think of it, most people like a good laugh more than I do, but that's beside the point! I'm warning this film NOT to get SILLY again! Right!" RAB

8. "Boy, the next word that comes out of your mouth better be some brilliant fuckin' Mark Twain shit. 'Cause it's definitely getting chiseled on your tombstone." Mob

9. "What care I for human hearts? Soft and spiritless as porridge! A faerie's heart beats fierce and free!" Lee

10. "Dangerous? Poor old Waldman. Have you never wanted to do anything that was dangerous? Where should we be if no one tried to find out what lies beyond? Have your never wanted to look beyond the clouds and the stars, or to know what causes the trees to bud? And what changes the darkness into light? But if you talk like that, people call you crazy. Well, if I could discover just one of these things, what eternity is, for example, I wouldn't care if they did think I was crazy." Lee

**Update**
I thought RAB had this week sewn up with his 3 correct guesses then Lee came in and guessed 4! Way to go guys but in the words of Connor McCloud; there can be only one so congrats to Lee! Way to go Lee, you can collect your award below:


Thanks to everyone who played this week and come back next week for more movie guessing fun! Answers will be posted in the comments now...

12 comments:

Mob said...

8. Is Otis from The Devil's Rejects.

RAB said...

4. Monty Python's The Meaning of Life.

5. I don't remember this specific line, but from its content I'm fairly sure this must be from the underappreciated Return To Oz.

7. And Now For Something Completely Different, a very slight reworking of dialogue from the tv version.

A few of the others I remember hearing so I know I've seen the films, but I can't remember what they were.

Anonymous said...

I sadly couldn't recognize any, so I googled them, non-spoilerish, I thought #6 would've been from a Mr. Bean movie, but oh well...

And #10, sheesh, would've never figured that one out even if you'd spotted me the year that movie came out...

BTW, google doesn't even seem to help on quote #2

Lee said...

1. Bachelor Party
3. Back in Action - Looney Tunes
6. Man with the golden gun
9. Legend
10. Frankenstein

Rol said...

6 - Man With The Golden Gun?

I woulda sworn it was Live & Let Die.

Splotchy said...

The quote from #4 is probably my favorite line from the movie.

Fletch said...

Yea, I knew none of these. Boo me. Then again, from the answers given, I've only seen maybe 1 1/2, and a long time ago at that, so I don't feel so bad.

pidomon said...

/doing my best Captain Kirk impersonation from WoK

"RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB"

I actually knew #4 and #7 but alas am late

Becca said...

Oh Pidomon I was hoping you would get those too.... your loosing string continues...

And now the answers:
1. Bachelor Party
2. Camelot
3. Looney Tunes Back in Action
4. Monty Python’s Meaning of Life
5. Return to Oz
6. The Man with the Golden Gun
7. And Now for Something Completely Different
8. The Devil’s Rejects
9. Legend
10. Frankenstein

Dingo said...

I would have been too embarassed to admit that I had seen "Looney Tunes Back In Action" often enough to recall lines of dialogue. But then again, the only one I knew was from Bachelor Party, which was almost as bad.

pidomon said...

Becca
Thanks for tossing me some softballs I'll try to be on time next week :)

Setia Adi said...

Obat Kencing nanah manjur
Obat kencing nanah
Obat kencing nanah ampuh
Obat kelamin keluar nanah
Obat kencing bernanah
cara mengobati kencing nanah
cara mengobati kencing keluar nanah
cara menyembuhkan kencing nanah
cara menyembuhkan kelamin bernanah
cara menyembuhkan kencing keluar nanah
cara menyembuhkan kencing bernanah
cara mengatasi kencing nanah manjur
cara mengatasi kencing keluar nanah
cara mengatasi kelamin bernanah
cara menghilangkan kencing nanah
cara menghilangkan kelamin nanah
cara menghilangkan kencing bernanah
pengobatan kencing bernanah
pengobatan kelamin bernanah
pengobatan kencing keluar nanah