Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Guess That Movie Quote: Week 52

The rules:
If you know or think you know the source of the movie quote please leave your guess in the comments section. As people guess the source of the quote I will grey it out and give them credit (using google to find the answers will disqualify you), the person who has the most correct guesses each week will get a fun movie genius award to decorate their blog. Any person who wins 5 weeks (consecutive or non-consecutive) will earn a Movie Master award and must then refrain from guessing for 5 weeks but a master can email quote suggestions for the game.

Let the guessing begin!

1. "Ha ha ha. Quoth the raven, "Nevermore". I've done it. Created the means to destroy matter. They must all know. Know that I, Baron von Frankenstein, master of the secret of creation, have now mastered the secret of destruction. The invitations must be sent at once." Dash

2. "She's lived for 400 years and hardly aged a day; but, because this is England, everyone pretends not to notice." rab

3. "According to legend, when Curt was 13 he was discovered in the family loo at the service of his older brother, and was promptly sent off for eighteen months of electric shock treatment. It was guaranteed the treatment would fry the fairy clean out of him, but all it did was make him go bonkers whenever he heard an electric guitar." The Imaginary Reviewer

4. "Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness." SamuraiFrog

5. "Your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should." SamuraiFrog

6. "They are all farmers. Farmers talk of nothing but fertilizer and women. I've never shared their enthusiasm for fertilizer. As for women, I became indifferent when I was eighty-three." SamuraiFrog

7. "Betrayin's all part of piratin'. If you don't know that you're not even close to being a pirate, "Prawn of my loins", my foot!"
"What?"
"You're either born a pirate or not! It's in the blood Dan, and it's not in your blood or you'd have betrayed me long ago!"
Dash

8. "He was full of plans. Have you got any plans, Jim? Do you want us to find a cure and save the world or just fall in love and fuck? Plans are pointless. Staying alive's as good as it gets." Mob

9. "Porthos dreams of being a bear, and you want to shatter those dreams by saying he's *just* a dog? What a horrible candle-snuffing word. That's like saying, "He can't climb that mountain, he's just a man", or "That's not a diamond, it's just a rock." Just." Lee

10. "We're going to get you. We're going to get you. Not another peep. Time to go to sleep." Lee

**Update**
And we have a winner! Congrats to SamuraiFrog who managed to pull out a win with 3 correct guesses! Way to go Froggie and you can collect you award below:


And thanks to everyone for playing! And be sure to come on back next Tuesday for more movie guessing fun!

11 comments:

SamuraiFrog said...

4. The 13th Warrior
5. Jurassic Park
6. The Wild Bunch
7. Roman Polanski's Pirates?

pidomon said...

great im on time and still clueless
My Streak CONTINUES!1!Eleven ZOMG

(hey someone has to be the idiot non savant around here :) )

Lee said...

Mmmmmm - 1. Young Frankenstein
9. Finding Neverland
10. Evil Dead

No idea on the others.

The Imaginary Reviewer said...

3: Velvet Goldmine

I also knew #5, for the record, not that it matters. Sniff.

Mob said...

8. 28 Days Later

RAB said...

I know #2 not from the movie version I've never seen but from the original book, which is an old favorite of mine. I'm not sure whether or not that violates the spirit of this quiz! Still, with your pardon, I believe the answer is Orlando.

Captain Incredible said...

Other than 5, I have not a clue...

Tough one this week, Becca :)

Dash MacBastard said...

1.) Mad Monster Party

7.) Yellowbeard..?

As for the rest, I haven't a clue.

Arkonbey said...

7 is absolutely Yellowbeard (still not sure if it's a good movie or a bad movie. I liked it when I was 13, though)

9 is some sort of Three Musketeers (Porthos is a giveaway)Because it's on the 'overlooked movies' list I'd say it's the Richard Chamberlain one.

5 is in the bell tower, but there's no ringing.

aoc gold said...

Infant Joy

(1)

'I have no name;

I am but two days old.

What shall I call thee?

'I happy am,

Joy is my name.

Sweet joy befall thee!

(2)

Pretty Joy!

Sweet Joy, but two days old.
Sweet Joy I call thee:

Thou dost smile,

I sing the while,

Sweet joy befall thee!
-----by maple story accounts

Setia Adi said...

Obat Kencing nanah manjur
Obat kencing nanah
Obat kencing nanah ampuh
Obat kelamin keluar nanah
Obat kencing bernanah
cara mengobati kencing nanah
cara mengobati kencing keluar nanah
cara menyembuhkan kencing nanah
cara menyembuhkan kelamin bernanah
cara menyembuhkan kencing keluar nanah
cara menyembuhkan kencing bernanah
cara mengatasi kencing nanah manjur
cara mengatasi kencing keluar nanah
cara mengatasi kelamin bernanah
cara menghilangkan kencing nanah
cara menghilangkan kelamin nanah
cara menghilangkan kencing bernanah
pengobatan kencing bernanah
pengobatan kelamin bernanah
pengobatan kencing keluar nanah