Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Guess That Movie Quote: Week 54 Screen Capture Edition 2: Electric Boogaloo!

I have a few screen caps left over from last week so it's time for another theme week! So once again instead of the usual quotes, I will be posting a screen capture from the trailer of a movie to win you just need to correctly identify what movie the cap is from. Hopefully it won't be too super easy again...guess we'll see :)

The rules:
If you know or think you know the source of the movie quote please leave your guess in the comments section. As people guess the source of the quote I will grey it out and give them credit (using google to find the answers will disqualify you), the person who has the most correct guesses each week will get a fun movie genius award to decorate their blog. Any person who wins 5 weeks (consecutive or non-consecutive) will earn a Movie Master award and must then refrain from guessing for 5 weeks but a master can email quote suggestions for the game.

Now the guessing:

1. (Laura)



2. SamuraiFrog



3. st3



4. Jaquandor



5. Mob



6. (Laura)



7. Jaquandor



8. SamuraiFrog



9.



10. Mob



**Update**
Well it's a Skullcave first but we have a 4-way tie! Too Cool! Congrats to Mob, SamuraiFrog, Jaquandor and Laura who all had 2 correct guesses! Way to go y'all!!! You can collect your awards below:

For SamuraiFrog:


For Laura:


For Mob:


For Jaquandor:


And thanks to everyone else for playing! Join us again next Tuesday for more movie guessing fun! Oh and I will post the answers in the comments...

17 comments:

Lockwood said...

#7 looks like The Time Machine.

The Imaginary Reviewer said...

I thought 7 was Back to the Future 3.

Is 9 Wargames?

Jaquandor said...

4. From Russia With Love
7. Time After Time

Lockwood said...

Imaginary Reviewer: It might be- I haven't seen BttF3, and it's been a couple of decades since I saw The Time Machine...

Mob said...

5. Phantasm?
10. Lost In Translation?

SamuraiFrog said...

2. Elvira, Mistress of the Dark
8. The Wild Bunch

shadoian said...

I feel like #2 is Amazon Women on the Moon. But maybe not.

Could 5 be Brazil?

The color in 6 looks lke Breakfast at Tiffany's, but I doubt Audrey Hepburn ever ate anything that big.

10 was the only one I got instantaneously.

And man... I totally know #3. I just can't place it....

ST3 said...

1> People VS Larry Flynt?
3> LA Confidential

Splotchy said...

Nice screencaps! Agh, I am looking forward to playing again :).

Devilham said...

I am guessing #8 is Straight to Hell???

Dash MacBastard said...

4.) From Russia With Love
5.) Phantasm
7.) Time After Time..?
9.) War Games..?

Arkonbey said...

What? Samuraifrog only got two?!

Laura said...

#1. Toni Collette in Velvet Goldmine
#4. From Russia with Love
#6. Marie Antoinette - Sophia Coppola had a pastry chef daily on the set! Yum! Can you imagine!

Becca said...

Laura- So jealous! A personal pastry chef would be a dream come true :)


And now the answers:
1. Velvet Goldmine
2. LA Confidential
3. Elvira Mistress of the Dark
4. From Russia with Love
5. Phantasm
6. Marie Antoinette
7. Time After Time
8. The Wild Bunch
9. Weird Science
10. Lost in Translation

pidomon said...

good thing I didnt storm in here and say War Games for #9 :) (which is what i was prepared to do BTW)

Laura said...

Gee, Becca....your cupcakes look pretty sweet to me!

Chick Young said...

I have got to get on these things FASTER! This one rivals your previous effort Becca. I fared so-so, I got 6 right. One of these days I'll get to it when the post is all fresh and virginal! Btw, thanks for adding my banner to your site. That was very thoughtful of you. All the best, Chick