If you know or think you know the source of the movie quote please leave your guess in the comments section. As people guess the source of the quote I will grey it out and give them credit (using google to find the answers will disqualify you), the person who has the most correct guesses each week will get a fun movie genius award to decorate their blog. Any person who wins 5 weeks (consecutive or non-consecutive) will earn a Movie Master award and must then refrain from guessing for 5 weeks but a master can email quote suggestions for the game.
Now on to the guessing
1. "Think of it as a hobby. Something you do to relax. You're an "assassination enthusiast." Spin the Moon
2. "How are you supposed to know? Fucking men like you built the hydrogen bomb. Men like you thought it up. You think you're so creative. You don't know what it's like to really create something; to create a life; to feel it growing inside you. All you know how to create is death..." Jaquandor
3. "Sell my guitars? Would you tell Picasso to sell his guitars?" SamuraiFrog
4. "When I sat through Pearl Harbor, I just loved that movie. But can you imagine if Ben Affleck was able to fly up, break the planes in half and dump the Japanese into the ocean?"
5. "I was the funniest one in school... and the funniest one in explosives training."
6. "Thank God for the rain to wash the trash off the sidewalk." Andy
7. "Okay you guys, listen up! People pay good money to see this movie! When they go out to a theater they want cold sodas, hot popcorn, and no monsters in the projection booth! Do I have to come up there myself?" SamuraiFrog
8. "This is unacceptable. We cannot have nine-year-olds working in sweatshops making ACME goods... when three-year-olds work for so much less..." SamuraiFrog
9. "How could it take you five minutes to cook your grits when it takes the entire grit-eating world 20 minutes?"
"Um... I'm a fast cook, I guess."
"What? I'm sorry I was over there. Did you just say you were a fast cook? Are we to believe that boiling water soaks into a grit faster in your kitchen than any place on the face of the earth?"
"I don't know."
"Perhaps the laws of physics cease to exist on your stove. Were these magic grits? Did you buy them from the same guy who sold Jack his beanstalk beans?" Andy
10. "Everything is different, but the same... things are more moderner than before... bigger, and yet smaller... it's computers..." MC
Okay maybe the quotes were just a tad too hard this week since 2 went unguessed (I will post a complete list of answers in the comments) but we do have a winner! With three correct guesses SamuraiFrog has not only won this week's quiz but has earned his 5th movie master award! Holy cow man I am humbled by your guessing abilities! Collect your award below and we'll see you back for more guessing on October 21st!
And thanks to everyone else for playing! Come on back next week for more movie guessing fun! Oh and I posted the answers in the comments :)
Tuesday, September 09, 2008
Posted by Becca at Tuesday, September 09, 2008