Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Guess That Movie Quote: Week 57

Okay we are gonna try something a bit different this week. I will link to a sound clip from a movie, listen to the clip and then tell me what movie the sound clip is from. If this is technilogically frustrating and a pain in the ass to do let me know and I won't do another sound clip quote quiz...I just thought it would be a fun change of pace!

The rules:
If you know or think you know the source of the movie quote please leave your guess in the comments section. As people guess the source of the quote I will grey it out and give them credit (using google to find the answers will disqualify you), the person who has the most correct guesses each week will get a fun movie genius award to decorate their blog. Any person who wins 5 weeks (consecutive or non-consecutive) will earn a Movie Master award and must then refrain from guessing for 5 weeks but a master can email quote suggestions for the game.

Now let the listening begin!

1. Click here to listen to quote 1... (John)

2. Click here to listen to quote 2... (John)

3. Click here to listen to quote 3... (Pidomon Hooray! He got one :)

4. Click here to listen to quote 4... (John)

5. Click here to listen to quote 5... Ben Varkentine

6. Click here to listen to quote 6... (Undead Film Critic)

7. Click here to listen to quote 7... (Undead Film Critic)

8. Click here to listen to quote 8... (John)

9. Click here to listen to quote 9... (Undead Film Critic)

10. Click here to listen to quote 10... (Jaquandor)

**Update**
And we have a winner! Congrats to the super, awesome John who made 4 correct guesses! Very cool!! You may collect your award below:


I'm glad people thought this was fun! I will certainly do it again, thanks for the feedback!!! And thanks for playing! Come on back next Tuesday for more movie guessing fun!

10 comments:

John said...

1. Robocop (thought could be any of the sequels... aaargh)
2. Back to the Future
4. Lethal Weapon (though could be LW2... double aaargh)
8. A Fish Called Wanda

(and seeing as I', blitzed from birthday drinks, who knows if I even got the right numbers?)

pidomon said...

#3 STRIPES

YEAHHHH FOR ME

Undead Film Critic said...

6. is either The Fugitive or U.S. Marshals.

7. Kindergarten Cop

9. Mrs. Doubtfire

10. sounds like Val Kilmer. I bet I'm wrong but I'll say Real Genius. God I love that movie.

Jaquandor said...

1. Robocop
2. Back to the Future
4. Lethal Weapon II
5. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (? Not confident on this one)
6. The Fugitive
7. Kindergarten Cop
8. A Fish Called Wanda
10. Willow (the music gives it away!)

Piper said...

Becca,

Sorry to interrupt, but I want to e-mail you about something you might be interested in and I no longer have your address. May I have it?

Piper

Ben Varkentine said...

5. is the great Ray Walston in Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

FireTiger said...

Hmm...I only know 6 out of the 10 right off.

1 - Robocop
2 - Back to the Future
3 - Stripes
4 - Lethal Weapon
5 - ?
6 - ?
7 - Kindergarden Cop
8 - ?
9 - Mrs. Doubtfire
10 - "

Fletch said...

Too easy!!!

And, uh, Becca, you might want to rename some of the audio files before posting. A few of the titles more than give away the answers.

Fletch said...

Forgot to say that I like the concept, though. Sorry if I was Negative Nancy there...

Becca said...

Fletch- Rats didn't notice those 3! I'll have to find a new way to do this next time. Thanks for pointing it out :)



And now the answers...
1. Robocop
2. Back to the Future
3. Stripes
4. Lethal Weapon
5. Fast Times at Ridgemont High
6. The Fugitive
7. Kindergarten Cop
8. A Fish Called Wanda
9. Mrs Doubtfire
10. Willow