Here are the rules:
If you know or think you know the source of the movie quote please leave your guess in the comments section. As people guess the source of the quote I will grey it out and give them credit (using google to find the answers will disqualify you), the person who has the most correct guesses each week will get a fun movie genius award to decorate their blog. Any person who wins 5 weeks (consecutive or non-consecutive) will earn a Movie Master award and must then refrain from guessing for 5 weeks but a master can email quote suggestions for the game.
And now let the guessing begin!
1. "You who murdered a hundred thousand Iraqis to save a nickel on a gallon of gas are going to lecture me on the rules of war? Well DON'T." Sunandheir
2. "I've got a way with young people. They trust me." RAB
3. "Back, and to the left... back, and to the left... back, and to the left." (Anon)
4. "A second flood, a simple famine, plagues of locusts everywhere, or a cataclysmic earthquake, I'd accept with some despair. But no, You sent us Congress! Good God, Sir, was that fair?" RAB
5. "Hail to the chief / He's the one we all say "Hail" to. / We all say "Hail" / 'Cause he keeps himself so clean! / He's got the power, / That's why he's in the shower..." Penh
6. "They can't impeach me for bombing Cambodia. The president can bomb anybody he likes." Penh
7. "The way those hippies look, you can't tell the boys from the girls! I saw a girl yesterday, she was pregnant. Had her whole belly showin' and ya know what she had painted on it? "Love Child"!" Sunandheir
8. "You know as well as I do that we can't have Arab desperadoes running around kidnapping American citizens. If I had my way, I'd go in there with a couple of Winchesters, a batallion of Marines - but, I can't do that, can I?" SamuraiFrog
9. "There's no such thing as white-collar crime. And there's definitely no such thing as black-on-black crime. Crime is crime. Let me explain something to you. I don't care if you have a white collar or a tank top. If you rob me, I'm gonna whup your ass."
10. "Mr. President, you've got bigger problems than losing me. You just lost my vote." SamuraiFrog
Holy cow it's a 4-way tie! Too cool! Talk about movie geniuses! Congrats to Penh, RAB, SamuraiFrog and Sunandheir you may all collect your awards below:
And thanks to everyone for playing! Come on back next week for more movie guessing fun! And as usual I'll post a complete list of answers in the comments :)
Tuesday, November 04, 2008
Here are the rules: