Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Week 67: There's No Place Like Home for the Holidays...Except Maybe Hell...

Special Thanksgiving theme edition!

Here are the rules:
If you know or think you know the source of the movie quote please leave your guess in the comments section. As people guess the source of the quote I will grey it out and give them credit (using google to find the answers will disqualify you), the person who has the most correct guesses each week will get a fun movie genius award to decorate their blog. Any person who wins 5 weeks (consecutive or non-consecutive) will earn a Movie Master award and must then refrain from guessing for 5 weeks but a master can email quote suggestions for the game.

Let the guessing begin!

1. "And Nietzsche, with his theory of eternal recurrence. He said that the life we lived we're gonna live over again the exact same way for eternity. Great. That means I'll have to sit through the Ice Capades again." Russ

2. "Oh, uh, Charlie - about your little problem - there are two kinds of people in this world: those who stand up and face the music, and those who run for cover. Cover is better." (Anon)

3. "Was that seat hot or what? I feel like a Whopper. Turn me over, I'm done on this side. I'm afraid to look at my ass. There'll be griddle marks." SamuraiFrog

4. "I only have one *nice* April memory. only one. She was about three or four. And she was sitting at the window. An she turned to me and said "oh mother don't you just love every day?" SamuraiFrog

5. "On the self-abuse front - and this is important - I don't think it's advisable to do it in the shower. It wastes water and electricity and because we all expect you to be doing it there in any case."

6. "What kind of Thanksgiving dinner is this? Where's the turkey, Chuck? Don't you know anything about Thanksgiving dinners? Where's the mashed potatoes? Where's the cranberry sauce? Where's the pumpkin pie?" Jaquandor

7. "I may not look like I could finance a trip to the zoo but the truth is I make a pretty good living. My income is a damn lot more than your father gives your mother to live on. But my money doesn't matter in your neighborhood, because I work for it. Working for your money doesn't matter in your neck of the woods, it's who's crotch the doctor yanked you out of." (Anon)

8. "They're all beautiful, until they're snarling after your trust fund like a pack of ravening wolves." Rol

9. "You see, Mrs. Walker, this is quite an opportunity for me. For the past 50 years or so I've been getting more and more worried about Christmas. Seems we're all so busy trying to beat the other fellow in making things go faster and look shinier and cost less that Christmas and I are sort of getting lost in the shuffle." SamuraiFrog

10. "Nobody means what they say on Thanksgiving, Mom. You know that. That's what the day's supposed to be all about, right? Torture." Russ

**Update**
OKay and we have a winner! Congrats to that cinema genius SamuraiFrog who wins with 3 correct guesses! Way to go Froggie!


And thanks to everyone for playing! And of course don't forget to come back next Tuesday for more movie guessing fun!!!

10 comments:

SamuraiFrog said...

1 reminds me of Dogma, although that isn't a Thanksgiving movie.

3. Planes, Trains and Automobiles
4. Pieces of April

9 kind of sounds like Miracle on 34th Street...

Rol said...

8. Norman Osborn (Willem Dafoe) in Spider-Man! Yay, I got one!

Russ said...

1. Woody Allen in Hannah and Her Sisters

Russ said...

10. Sounds like "Home for the Holidays," but I'm not certain.

Jaquandor said...

6. A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving?

Anonymous said...

Wow, the Bond quotes, over in less than a day. Thanksgiving/holiday quotes, still not all done after Thanksgiving itself. Shows what kind of movies Becca's fans watch.

And since there's some left, I'll try.

2) Dutch
5) National Lampoon's Holiday Reunion
7) Scent of a Woman

digitaldd said...

I think our Anonymous friend deserves credit for #2 & #7 although they are flip-flopped in his/her post. Too bad I've got no clue on #5.

Becca said...

And the answers!

1. Hannah and Her Sisters
2. Scent of a Woman
3. Planes, Trains and Automobiles
4. Pieces of April
5. The Ice Storm
6. Charlie Brown Thanksgiving
7. Dutch
8. Spiderman
9. Miracle on 34th Street
10. Home for the Holidays

Anonymous said...

Crud, I got 'em switched around. I personally wouldn't have given myself credit for them, but thanks.

And digitaldd, I'm all guy.

Russ said...

Figures I'd only get two the week someone wins with a mere 3 CORRECT!