Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Guess that Movie Week 69

This week all the questions are basic movie trivia.

Here are the rules:
If you know or think you know an answer leave your guess in the comments section. As people guess I will grey it out and give them credit (using google to find the answers will disqualify you(...I know all and see all...), the person who has the most correct guesses each week will get a fun movie genius award to decorate their blog. Any person who wins 5 weeks (consecutive or non-consecutive) will earn a Movie Master award and must then refrain from guessing for 5 weeks.

And now on to the guessing!

1. The script for which movie was written during shooting breaks on the set of Raiders of the Lost Ark? Jason Chalker

2. What child actress was originally offered the role of Regan MacNeill in "The Exorcist"?

3. What is the longest film ever made? BHB

4. What horror film is the first movie to show a woman in just a bra and slip? Jason Chalker

5. In what film did William Shatner make his Hollywood film debut? Mike Lynch

6. What 1987 movie features the "Partridge Family" house being firebombed?

7. What was the first movie for which the cost of obtaining rights to music for the soundtrack cost more than the rest of production costs? ST3

8. What was the first movie to win Academy Awards for Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor, Best Actress, and Best Screenplay? Mikey Filmmaker

9. What film features a fight scene in which Bruce Lee breaks Jackie Chan's neck?

10. Why were most of Colin Clive's scenes in Bride of Frankenstein shot with him sitting?

11. Which of the three main heroes (Luke, Leia, and Han Solo) in the original Star Wars trilogy refused to sign a three picture deal? Jason Chalker

12. Who was the sponsor for the tv show Wayne's World? Jason Chalker

13. What 3 Alfred Hitchcock movies did Grace Kelly star in? Jason Chalker

14. In Episode VI: Return of the Jedi, the growls and sounds of the Rancor in Jabba's Palace were actually made by what animal?

15. What were Mouth and Chunk's real names in "The Goonies"?

**Update**
OKay so they were maybe a bit too hard since there were so many unanswered questions...filed and noted :) In any case we have a winner and it is Jason Chalker who answered 5 questions correctly!!! Way to go Jason, you may collect your award below:


Ands thanks to everyone else for playing!Don't forget to come on back next Tuesday for more movie guessing fun!

14 comments:

Undead Film Critic said...

10. two words - Raging Boner.

Jason Chalker said...

1. E.T.
2. Jodie Foster(?)
4. Psycho
7. Heavy Metal
11. Han Solo
12. Noah's Arcade
13. To Catch a Thief, Rear Window, Dial 'M' for Murder
14. A Bear

Mikey Filmmaker said...

8. It Happened One Night

Penh said...

Wowsers! I figured there'd be nothing left this late in the day, so I almost didn't check. Of course, all I've got left are guesses, but still...

3. Berlin Alexanderplatz
9. Return of the Dragon
10. Arthritis
11. Leia

BHB said...

OMG! For the first time ever I think I have an answer to one of your quiz questions..
I think No3 is "The Cure for Insomnia"

Mike Lynch said...

5. Shatner made his debut in THE BROTHERS KARAMAZOV I believe (I'm not cheating and looking at IMDB or anything like that).

Anonymous said...

I don't know the answer to #3, but I know the longest film actually shown in U.S. theaters was Once Upon A Time In America, clocking in at just over four hours, not counting the intermission time.

#6, I'm going to guess House II: The Second Story, based upon a list of movies released in 1987.

ThoughtCriminal said...

7. American Graffiti?

Prof. Hex said...

3. Andy Warhol's Empire is 485 min so that has to be a contender.

ST3 said...

7. Clerks

Michael Nyiri said...

Dear Becca,
I've just spent a couple of hours roaming about your blog, and I'm disappointed I can't make the time to attempt to answer your quiz here, but I did want to tell you that I'm simply amazed at your blog. I came by from an image search for "pinup magazine covers", and then completely forgot the image search.

I would like you leave you with three links. The first to my main personal website, which has been online for 9 years. The second to a section of my Cultural Blender website with my movie, and the last to my blog.
AllThingsMike, Cultural
Blender Movie
, and WhenWordsCollide
(my blog)
I bookmarked No Smoking in the Skull Cave and I'll be back. I loved the tour of your house BTW. You should see my Betty Boop
Museum
(Well, it's right there in the link.)
I don't usually just leave a lot of links on strangers' blogs, but after spending some quality time here. (And you've been blogging since 2005, so I've got lots of ground to cover) I feel you might be interested in seeing some of my pages.
I'm what you could call an "internet artist" and I've always called myself a "student of popular culture".

I'm so glad I stumbled upon you. (Er, I mean the blog)

Michael F. Nyiri, poet, philosopher, fool

Spin the Moon said...

Basic? Basic movie trivia? I consider myself well-versed in trivial matters and this quiz pantsed me, ordered a pizza, waited for the delivery guy, tipped generously, called its friends over and then pointed and giggled in unison with them while they enjoyed a deep-dish with extra cheese.

I didn't run when we were waiting for the pizza guy because I was kind of hungry. Doesn't explain why I left my pants down though.

Becca said...

Michael-
Is that Dolly Parton and Marlon Brando in that picture?

Your collection is amazing! It must have taken you years to collect it all! Betty looks so at home among all the cars and Gumbys! And that Boop Venus poster in the bedroom is really neat! I love how they got Koko in there too!

Your Cultural Blender is quite neat as well! You really found some great images to collage together. If I ever wanted to tech someone about pop culture this is like pop culture 101! Very, very cool! Must have taken forever to edit it all together :)

All Things Mike is pretty fun too! I especially enjoyed the "morphing" Mike down at the bottom.

Thank you sooo much for sharing the links! I hope it will be okay for me to link you on my sidebar. It's always cool to meet another pop culture nut, someone who understands the wonder and magic of all that clutter :)

Spin-
Ha! The quiz must have been holding you at knife point...and you never want to cross a smug quiz :)

And now the answers:
1. E.T.
2. Dana Plato
3. The Cure for Insomnia
4. Psycho
5. The Brothers Karamazov
6. Lethal Weapon
7. Clerks
8. It Happened One Night
9. Enter the Dragon
10. He had a broken leg.
11. Harrison Ford
12. Noah’s Arcade
13. Rear Window, Dial M for Murder and To Catch a Thief
14. a dachsund
15. Clark Deveraux and Lawrence Cohen

Jason Chalker said...

Woohooo! I'm a winner! :)

14. A dachsund. Wow. I'm a pretty big Star Wars geek and I had no idea. I guess you learn something new every day.