Thursday, December 11, 2008

Xmas Meme '08

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper. First off I love to wrap! Second gift bags are far too expensive...besides who doesn't love ripping paper off a Christmas present?

2. Real tree or artificial?
Artificial. At least until nature starts producing aluminum or pre-lit trees I'm not interested.

My bunny Thumper sleeping beneath the tree.


3. When do you put up the tree?
The week before or after Thanksgiving. I work retail and if I wait any longer I get sooo sick of Christmas I don't even want to put the tree up.

4. When do you take the tree down?
Sometime in Janurary...I'm lazy and I just do it when the mood strikes me.

5. Favorite gifts received as a child?
Toy wrestling ring and Hulk Hogan, Junk Yard and Hillbilly Jim action figures. I still have all the figures but not the ring.

As an adult I got an I-Pod a couple years back and it's like my favorite thing in the world. Probably the gift I've received that I use the most.

6. Hardest person to buy for?
Most people on my list are hard to buy for.

7. Easiest person to buy for?
SamuraiFrog

8. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes a few. An old wooden one from the 60's, a glass one made by Amish craftsmen or something like that and of course there is the one I made...


9. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail for sure! I usually create my own card and then draw a little something on the envelope. It takes me forever to do but it's worth doing it for friends and family.

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
An orange t-shirt with little 3-D mexican themed dolls sewn into the front. It was hideous but I pasted a smile on my face and told my grandmother I loved it. It was really nice of her to think of me...even if our taste is very different...

11. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Eloise at Christmastime. It's very much a kids movie but I love it! I also love The Muppet Christmas Carol and the Charlie Brown Christmas Special of course! When I was a kid I loved The Night They Saved Christmas with Jaclyn Smith, Art Carney and Paul Williams...Of course I saw that again recently and lets just say it's not really a very good movie...

Eloise!


12. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Whenever I can afford to, usually not til a few days before Christmas.

13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
She sheepishly answers...yes...

14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Egg Nog mixed with milk and a bit of cinnamon.

15. Lights on the tree?
Of course! If not why bother? Unless it's aluminum in which case it's okay to leave the lights off.

16. Favorite Christmas song?
Santa Baby by Ertha Kitt I think.

17. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
I wish I could stay home but alas the family expects me to spend the day with them so travel.

18. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Yep!

19. Angel on the tree top or a star?
I think it depends on the tree.

20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
One on Christmas Eve the rest on Christmas morning.

21. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
I work retail so...well...the two months leading up to the various seasonal holidays, listening to nothing but the same 10 Christams albums over and over. Running about like a fool trying really hard to deliver excellent customer service in spite of the "occasional" customer in a bad mood...and co-workers in bad moods.

And then the stores this time of year are always crowded, even the grocery stores...so I leave the crowded store where I work all day to do my food shopping at another crowded store. I get home between 5 or 6pm I've been on my feet since 6am so I am fully knackered!

Then when the week of Christmas arrives I get to spend my only day off "celebrating" with my family who usually get into a fight. Every year I grow to like Christmas a little less...in 10 years I may hate it completely. Nothing kills the magic of Christmas like working retail.

22. Favorite ornament theme or color?
Pop culture ornaments based on movies, comics, cartoons and TV shows. I also have a collection of Pin-up type ornaments. Someday I hope to fill an entire tree in just pin-up girls. Here are a few of the pin-up ornaments:



And here is the pink tree that I decorated in Science Fiction action figures:





23. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
Lasagna I think.

24. What do you want for Christmas this year?
I would really like to still have a job next year and a nice metal or ceramic mixing bowl for cooking.

25. Egg nog or hot chocolate?
Don't make me choose! It's Christmas why not both?

26. Letter to Santa?
I did when I was a kid.

27. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree?
No Santa never wrapped my presents and that was cool. The man is busy I was always grateful he remembered me!

28. Do you hang mistletoe?
No.

29. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I don't know I was in third grade I think. Some kids told me at school and when I asked about it at home my mom kind of said...come on you don't really still believe in Santa do you? I said no but I think I still belive in Santa just a little.

30. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Yes whenever I can!

31. Can you ice skate?
No.


32. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you?
The end.

34. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Not sure, maybe cheesecake?

35. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving?
Giving. I'm so poor sometimes I feel guilty geting presents from people when I can't be as generous as them in return. I kind of wish they would just take the gift giving out of the holiday so I didn't have to get any presents. It's a complex I know.

36. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?
Yum! Especially when they are melted in a big hot chocolate!

7 comments:

Jay Amabile said...

that's a rad tree you have! Christmas dinner is always lasagna for us as well! AND...I agree about having a job in '09. It's the simple things that are important! lol

Arkonbey said...

Wow. Your decorations are better than the presents could be!

They made an Eloise movie? Huh.

Michael Nyiri said...

Dear Becca,
I'm sure I like your made up Nativity better than any one could buy in a store.

My favorite Christmas movie would have to be Frank Capra's "It's a Wonderful Life".

I've been looking over your "neglected films" series lately. I'm glad you included Phantom of the Paradise, Buckaroo Banzai, and The Red Shoes. I'd have to add Selznick's over the top attempt to create another GWTW, the excellently cheesy "Lust in the Dust", er, I mean 1946's "Duel in the Sun" with Jennifer Jones, Joseph Cotten, and Gregory Peck.

I would be pleased if you added links to my websites to your sidebar.

Lastly, Reqiescat in Pace to the great Bettie Page, who passed away yesterday at the age of 85. (I'm positive you are preparing a tribute entry. Mine should be up over the weekend. I still can't get over the passing of Forry Ackerman and now this!

Michael F. Nyiri, poet, philosopher, fool

pidomon said...

wow that's a lot of Christmas info!
Once I got out of retail Christmas did get instantly better!

Phibes72 said...

Retail sucks........but you...are awesome.

Becca said...

Jay-
Thank you! And yes the simple things in life make it best...like lasagna.

Arkonbey-
My house is kind of like geek paradise...or at least my version of geek paradise :)

And yes they made 2 Eloise movies and they work best when watched together...though they are very much kids movies. Julie Andrews plays Nanny and Jeffrey Tambor the hotel manager they are really sweet and funny movies.

Michael-
I haven't sit down to watch It's a Wonderful Life since they figured out someone owned the rights and stopped playing it all the time. I really have to watch it again!

I have only seen, scenes from Duel in the Sun but I LOVE Gregory Peck and its on the must see list. As is Lust in the Dust! Divine was sooo beautiful and funny! Though not a very melodious singer :) Can't help but love it anyways :)

Pidomon-
That is really good to know, at least I won't hate Christmas forever ;)

Phibes-
Awwww thank you!

ed said...

情趣商品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣用品,情趣商品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣用品,情趣商品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品.情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,視訊聊天室

麻將,台灣彩卷,六合彩開獎號碼,運動彩卷,六合彩,遊戲,線上遊戲,cs online,搓麻將,矽谷麻將,明星三缺一, 橘子町,麻將大悶鍋,台客麻將,公博,game,,中華職棒,麗的線上小遊戲,國士無雙麻將,麻將館,賭博遊戲,威力彩,威力彩開獎號碼,龍龍運動網,史萊姆,史萊姆好玩遊戲,史萊姆第一個家,史萊姆好玩遊戲區,樂透彩開獎號碼,遊戲天堂,天堂,好玩遊戲,遊戲基地,無料遊戲王,好玩遊戲區,麻將遊戲,好玩遊戲區,小遊戲,電玩快打

情趣用品,情趣,A片,AIO,AV,AV女優,A漫,免費A片,情色,情色貼圖,色情小說,情色文學,色情,寄情竹園小遊戲,色情遊戲,AIO交友愛情館,色情影片,情趣內衣,情趣睡衣,性感睡衣,情趣商品,微風成人,嘟嘟成人網,成人,18成人,成人影城,成人圖片,成人貼圖,成人圖片區,UT聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室 ,哈啦聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,聊天室尋夢園,080苗栗人聊天室,080聊天室,視訊交友網,視訊

借錢,黃金,黃金回收,黃金價格,黃金買賣,當舖

A片,A片,成人網站,成人影片,色情,情色網,情色,AV,AV女優,成人影城,成人,色情A片,日本AV,免費成人影片,成人影片,SEX,免費A片,A片下載,免費A片下載,做愛,情色A片,色情影片,H漫,A漫,18成人

a片,色情影片,情色電影,a片,色情,情色網,情色,av,av女優,成人影城,成人,色情a片,日本av,免費成人影片,成人影片,情色a片,sex,免費a片,a片下載,免費a片下載,成人網站,做愛,自拍