Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Guess That Movie Week 80: Musicals Edition

This weeks quotes are all from musicals!

Here are the rules:
If you know or think you know an answer leave your guess in the comments section. As people guess I will grey it out and give them credit (using google to find the answers will disqualify you(...I know all and see all...), the person who has the most correct guesses each week will get a fun movie genius award to decorate their blog. Any person who wins 5 weeks (consecutive or non-consecutive) will earn a Movie Master award and must then refrain from guessing for 5 weeks.

Now the guessing!

1. "Can't you feel the vibes in your own house, man? Bad, sport, real bad. The karma in here is so thick, you need an aqualung to breathe." Blackwing Rose

2. "Your eyes can be so cruel, just as I can be so cruel." SamuraiFrog

3. "Mai tai say that I'm old fashioned, Tres vin ordinaire. That I want a fresh Manhattan with white Anglo-Saxons everywhere?" SamuraiFrog

4. "You get your picture in the papes, you're famous. You're famous, you get anything you want. That's what's so great about New York." SamuraiFrog

5. "The master is not yet married, nor do I think he ever will be." SamuraiFrog

6. "Oh, the Indian is hot. I go for exotic types, especially when they're half-naked."
"Lulu!"
"You tell him I'll make up for all the indignities they suffered in "Roots."

7. "The Queen promised to ream us with twenty inch cattle prods, and I'm still waiting!" Yum-Yum

8. "I think I need a root canal. I definitely need a long, slow root canal." SamuraiFrog

9. "It's a living hell up here. What with the bloody rain, the bloody loneliness, and that bloody, bloody wind." SamuraiFrog

10. "If you wanna be a femme fatale, you can't rest on your L'Oréals!" Robert Pope

11. "Another thing I got is a sensk of humiligration. Now, maybe you swabs can pool your intelligensk and sees that I'm axking you for an apologeky." SamuraiFrog

12. "Leave it to ol' Slim. I got ideas... and they're all vile, baby."

13. "If that's the Happiness Hotel, I'd hate to see what the sad one looks like." SamuraiFrog

14. "Rules of Chivalry be hanged! Ravenhurst, take that nincompoop, and knight that nincompoop by noon tomorrow!" (The Thesp)

15. "I've just decided to switch our Friday schedule to Monday, which means that the test we take each Friday on what we learned during the week will now take place on Monday before we've learned it. But since today is Tuesday, it doesn't matter in the slightest. Pencils ready!" SamuraiFrog

16. "Great, I'll have a go at him. You won't hurt my face, will ya? Million dollar head, this." Nathan

17. "A little orphan girl once told me that the sun would come out tomorrow. Her adopted father was a powerful billionaire so I suppressed the urge to laugh in her face, but now, by gum, I think she may have been on to something!" SamuraiFrog

18. "You two-timing son of a bitch! He's a woman!" Blackwing Rose

19. "A second flood, a simple famine, plagues of locusts everywhere, or a cataclysmic earthquake, I'd accept with some despair. But no, You sent us Congress! Good God, Sir, was that fair?" SamuraiFrog

20. "That's a piecrust promise. Easily made, easily broken." Nathan

21. "Usually you just send an email with those digital flowers. These are exquisite. Where do you find live doves in New York?" SamuraiFrog

22. "We're on our own, cousin. All alone, cousin. Let's think of a game to play Now the grownups have all gone away. You won't be much fun, Being blind, deaf and dumb, But I've no one to play with today." SamuraiFrog

23. "The draft is white people sending black people to make war on the yellow people to defend the land they stole from the red people!" SamuraiFrog

24. "Juvenile delinquents are everywhere. Right here in this community. Boys with long hair and tattoos who spit on the sidewalk. Girls who wear tight slacks. Hysterectomy pants, I call them." (The Thesp)

25. "I want the rebels located and identified if it means searching every household in the system." SamuraiFrog

**Update**
OKay! This week's winner is SamuraiFrog! Way to go you movie musical genius! Your movie knowledge continues to amaze me! You may collect your award below:


Thanks to everyone for playing! And come on back next Tuesday for more movie guessing fun! Oh and the answers are posted in the comments.

12 comments:

SamuraiFrog said...

2. Labyrinth
3. The Return of Captain Invincible! Christopher Lee sings!
4. Newsies, god damn you...
5. The Rocky Horror Picture Show
8. Little Shop of Horrors
9. Paint Your Wagon?
11. Popeye
13. The Great Muppet Caper
15. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
17. Reefer Madness
19. 1776
21. Enchanted
22. Tommy
23. Hair
25. The Star Wars Holiday Special

FFJewbacca said...

Even though SamuraiFrog got them first:

5: The Rocky Horror Picture Show
8: Little Shop of Horrors
22: Tommy

That's all I got!

RAB said...

I'm POed at SamuraiFrog for naming 1776 and Tommy before I could -- my two very favorite musicals of all time!

I wouldn't have called Victor/Victoria a musical, but I believe that's what #18 is from.

Blackwing Rose said...

1. Phantom of the Paradise
2. Labryinth
8. Little Shop of Horrors
18. Victor/Victoria
22. Tommy
23. Hair

Nathan said...

Wow, am I actually getting to this before someone else has guessed all the ones I know?

16. Head
20. Mary Poppins

The Thesp said...

Thanks for the Phantom of Paradise quote, love the film!

14. Camelot?

24. Cry Baby

And that's my lot apart from the already got.

Yum-Yum said...

7. Forbidden Zone :D

Robert Pope said...

10 would have to be the movie "Earth Girls are Easy," and the song is "Brand New Girl," sung by the 80's goofy goddess Julie Brown (not "Downtown" Julie Brown, the other one...)

PIPER said...

Hey Becca,

You've been tagged.

Becca said...

Now the answers...

1. Phantom of the Paradise
2. Labyrinth
3. The Return of Captain Incredible
4. Newsies
5. The Rocky Horror Picture Show
6. Can’t Stop the Music
7. Forbidden Zone
8. Little Shop of Horrors
9. Paint Your Wagon
10. Earth Girls are Easy
11. Popeye
12. Beach Blanket Bingo
13. The Great Muppet Caper
14. The Court Jester
15. Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory
16. Head
17. Reefer Madness
18. Victor/ Victoria
19. 1776
20. Mary Poppins
21. Enchanted
22. Tommy
23. Hair
24. Cry-Baby
25. The Star Wars Holiday Special

Captain Incredible said...

Er,

'Mai tai' say that someone loses a point on No. 3?

I believe it will be found that the quote is, in fact, from "The Return of Captain Invincible"...

I don't believe it will alter the result, but one has to do what one, indeed, has to do...

ed said...

情趣用品,情趣,情色,成人,A片,自拍,情趣用品,情趣,色情,成人影片,色情影片,免費A片,情趣用品,情趣,成人網站,A片下載,日本AV,做愛,情趣用品,情趣,美女交友,A片,辣妹視訊,情色視訊,情趣用品,情趣,色情聊天室,聊天室,AV,成人電影,A片,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣商品,情趣,情趣

情色,A片,AIO,AV,日本AV,色情A片,AV女優,A漫,免費A片,A片下載,情色A片,哈啦聊天室,UT聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,色情聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080視訊聊天室,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,免費視訊聊天,上班族聊天室,080中部人聊天室,視訊聊天室,視訊聊天,成人聊天室,一夜情聊天室,辣妹視訊,情色視訊,成人,成人影片,成人光碟,成人影城,自拍

情趣用品,A片,AIO,AV,AV女優,A漫,免費A片,日本AV,寄情築園小遊戲,情色貼圖,色情小說,情色文學,色情,色情遊戲,一葉情貼圖片區,色情網站,色情影片,微風成人, 嘟嘟成人網,成人,成人貼圖,18成人,成人影城,成人圖片,成人影片,UT聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,080視訊聊天室,視訊聊天室

情趣用品,A片,aio,av,av女優,a漫,免費a片,aio交友愛情館,a片免費看,a片下載,本土自拍,自拍,愛情公寓,情色,情色貼圖,色情小說,情色文學,色情,寄情築園小遊戲,色情遊戲,嘟嘟情人色網,一葉情貼圖片區,色情影片,情色網,色情網站,微風成人,嘟嘟成人網,成人,18成人,成人影城,成人圖片,成人貼圖,成人圖片區,成人小說,成人電影

情趣用品,情趣,情趣商品,自拍,UT聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,哈啦聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,H漫,A片,AV,AV女優,A漫,免費A片,愛情公寓,情色,情色貼圖,色情小說,情色小說,情色文學,色情,寄情築園小遊戲,色情遊戲,SEX,微風成人,嘟嘟成人網,成人,18成人,成人影城,成人圖片,成人貼圖,成人圖片區