Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Guess That Movie Week 82: Fake Actors Edition!

Today I will post a list of names. These are all names of fictional actor characters from various movies. To win you just need to tell me who played the character and the name of the movie in which that character appeared.

Here are the rules:
If you know or think you know an answer leave your guess in the comments section. As people guess I will grey it out and give them credit (using google to find the answers will disqualify you(...I know all and see all...), the person who has the most correct guesses each week will get a fun movie genius award to decorate their blog. Any person who wins 5 weeks (consecutive or non-consecutive) will earn a Movie Master award and must then refrain from guessing for 5 weeks.

Now the guessing!

1. Baby Herman (Scoops)

2. Peter Vincent (Yum-Yum)

3. Michael Dorsey (Mikey)

4. Lori Craven (Blackwing Rose)

5. Herb Denning

6. Sally Bowles (The Thesp)

7. Daniel Hillard

8. Georgia Lorrison

9. Neville Sinclair (Scoops)

10. Sam Weber

11. Margo Channing (jm-kaye)

12. Don Lockwood (Krista)

13. Lucky Day (Quixote74)

14. Ann Darrow (Rob) & (Blackwing Rose)

15. Martin Weir (Andyboy)

16. Chris MacNeil

17. Ned Alleyn

18. Alan Swann

19. Vera Charles (Krista)

20. Damian Drake (The Thesp)

21. Jason Nesmith (The Thesp)

22. Norma Desmond (Mikey)

23. Eve Harrington (jm-kaye)

24. Karen Flores

25. Anna Scott (Blackwing Rose)

**Update**
Okay this was probably a bit too hard but most of these were guessed which was awesome! And proves there are some pretty devoted movie fans out there! now the winner! Or should I saw winners! This week we have a tie!!! Congrats to The Thesp and Blackwing Rose who both got 3 correct! You may collect your awards below you movie experts, you:

The Thesp:


Blackwing Rose:

And thanks to everyone else for playing! Come on back next Tuesday for more movie guessing fun! Answers in the comments!

22 comments:

Steve said...

HAHA
I'm FIRST
and as usual dont know any of them lol:)

Scoops said...

1. Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
9. The Rocketeer

Yum-Yum said...

2. Roddy McDowall, Fright Night
13. Heinrich Himmler, My Little Pony: The Movie

Mikey Filmmaker said...

3. Tootsie
22. Sunset Blvd.

Mikey Filmmaker said...

Didn't read the instructions. My bad.

3. Dustin Hoffman, Tootsie
22. Gloria Swanson, Sunset Blvd.

Rob Rogers said...

14. Naomi Watts, King Kong

Scoops said...

same on the not fully reading the instructions, my bad...

1. sadly, I can't recall the name
9. Timothy Dalton, The Rocketeer.

Glad I found out why Ann Darrow sounded so familiar though.

Quixote74 said...

13. Three Amigos

Also knew 1, 3, and 22 already answered above. Unfortunately that's all I got - tough quiz this week!

Quixote74 said...

Whoops, forgot the actual actor for 13 (Steve Martin).

Anonymous said...

*sigh*

One week ago, I coulda been a contendah...

This week, I suck more than Mega Maid at Druidia.

The only movie I recognized right away was #1, and with time, I would've figured out #13, but I would've needed help on the actors portraying them. Oh well, good luck to all trying before SamuraiFrog gets here, and may the Schwartz be with youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...

The Thesp said...

6. Liza Minelli - Cabaret
20. Timothy Dalton - Looney Toones - Back in Action

jm-kaye said...

1. Who Framed Roger Rabbit

3. Tootsie

11. All About Eve

22. Sunset Boulevard

23. All About Eve (again)

jm-kaye said...

oops, forgot the actors! okay

1. is a toon
2. Dustin Hoffman
11. Bette Davis
22. Gloria Swanson
23. Anne Baxter

Blackwing Rose said...

2. Roddy McDowall, Fright Night
4. Elizabeth Shue, Soapdish
6. Liza Minelli, Cabaret
11. Margo Channing, All About Eve
14. Fay Wray or Naomi Watts, King Kong
19. I know the movie (s), but not the actresses
25. Julia Roberts, Notting Hill

Krista said...

12. Singin' in the Rain
19. Mame

Krista said...

Oops forgot....
12.)Gene Kelly
19. Bea Arthur

Andyboy said...

Martin Weir = Danny DeVito in Get Shorty

:)

The Thesp said...

Got another...

21. Tim Allen - Galaxy Quest

Joys of a big DVD collection and little serendipity.

Rob said...

Don Lockwood (but the fellas all call me Donald) -- Gene Kelly in Singing in the Rain.

Becca said...

Yum-Yum-
Hahahahahaha! Now I want to see an entire series of My Little Nazis. Perhaps I should pitch the idea to Fischer Price ;)


And the answers are:

1. Who Framed Roger Rabbit
2. Roddy McDowell in Fright Night
3. Dustin Hoffman in Tootsie
4. Elizabeth Shue in Soapdish
5. Dick Miller in Matinee
6. Liza Minelli in Cabaret
7. Robin Williams in Mrs. Doubtfire
8. Lana Turner in The Bad and the Beautiful
9. Timothy Dalton in The Rocketeer
10. Tom Berenger in The Big Chill
11. Bette Davis in All About Eve
12. Gene Kelly in Singin in the Rain
13. Steve Martin in The Three Amigos
14. Fay Wray or Naomi Watts in King Kong
15. Danny DeVito in Get Shorty
16. Ellyn Burstyn in The Exorcist
17. Ben Affleck in Shakespeare in Love
18. Peter O’Toole in My Favorite Year
19. Bea Arthur in Mame
20. Timothy Dalton in Looney Tunes Back in Action
21. Tim Allen in Galaxy Quest
22. Gloria Swanson in Sunset Blvd
23. Anne Baxter in All About Eve
24. Renee Russo in Get Shorty
25. Julia Roberts in Notting Hill

BeckEye said...

Damn, I just found your blog through Splotchy. Of the ones left, I only knew Karen Flores. I just watched "Get Shorty" last week. I have a bit of a Travolta obsession.

Blackwing Rose said...

I am humbled and honored to have the lovely Fay Wray adorning my award *bows and wipes a tear*