Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Guess That Movie Week 85

SamuraiFrog here once again, filling in for a very swamped Becca. She asked me to handle quote quiz duties this week, so I'll just go ahead and do that.

Here are the rules:
If you know or think you know an answer leave your guess in the comments section. As people guess I will grey it out and give them credit (using google to find the answers will disqualify you(...I know all and see all...), the person who has the most correct guesses each week will get a fun movie genius award to decorate their blog. Any person who wins 5 weeks (consecutive or non-consecutive) will earn a Movie Master award and must then refrain from guessing for 5 weeks.

1. "We started a game we never got to finish. 'Play for blood,' remember?"
"I was just fooling about."
"I wasn't." (Anon)

2. "If you were happy every day of your life, you wouldn't be a human being; you'd be a game show host." (The Thesp)

3. "I don't want to kill everyone, Tom. Just my enemies."

4. "I'm going to Bombay, India, to become a movie star!"
"You don't go to Bombay to become a movie star. You go where we're going: Hollywood!"
"Sure, if you want to do it the easy way!"
"I think we picked up a weirdo..." Devilham

5. "Are you really twelve?"
"Yes. It's just I've been twelve for a very long time." Rol

6. "My father taught us not to lie."
"Well. mine told me not to starve. so we both have an education." Tommy Salami

7. "Hey babe, I negotiate million dollar deals for breakfast. I think I can handle this Eurotrash!" Devilham

8. "Listen pal, your client's a scumbag, you're a scumbag, and scumbags see the judge on Monday morning." Devilham

9. "What one man can do, another can do." Splotchy

10. "Man, that ball got outta here in a hurry. I mean anything travels that far oughta have a damn stewardess on it, don't you think?" BeckEye

11. "I'll give you petro-rabbits."

12. "You have no idea how many legends have walked these halls. And what's worse, you don't care. Because this place, where so many people would die to work you only deign to work. And you want to know why she doesn't kiss you on the forehead and give you a gold star on your homework at the end of the day. Wake up, sweetheart." (The Thesp)

13. "I will live in Montana. And I will marry a round American woman and raise rabbits, and she will cook them for me. And I will have a pickup truck... maybe even a 'recreational vehicle." (Buzz)

14. "Death is a primitive concept. I prefer to think of them as battling evil, in another dimension." Tommy Salami

15. "It's got a wonderful defense mechanism. You don't dare kill it." (The Thesp)

16. "I've lost a shoe, have you seen it anywhere? Excuse me, missus, I've lost a shoe, like this one. It's like this one's fellow, it's sort of the exact opposite in fact of that--not an evil version but just, you know, a shoe like this. But for the other foot." (Tobias)

17. "Now that's a real shame, when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy like that." Devilham & Tommy Salami

18. "Why the fuck would I want to blow up the Chick-fil-A? It's fucking delicious!" Payo

19. "Wanna beer?"
"It's seven o'clock in the morning."
"Scotch?" Splotchy

20. "You must lash out with every limb, like the octopus who plays the drums." (The Thesp)

**Update**
First off let me thank SamuraiFrog for posting this week's quiz! I've been super busy and it was very, very cool of him to help out! But more importantly there is a winner to announce and awards to give out! Congrats to The Thesp and Devilham who both got 4 correct! Great job you guys you may collect your awards below:

Devilham:


The Thesp:


Thanks to everyone for playing! Come on back next Tuesday for more movie guessing fun...oh and the answers are in the comments!

23 comments:

Devilham said...

4. the Muppet Movie
7. Die Hard
8. Robocop
17. Better off Dead

The Thesp said...

2. Heathers
12. Devil Wears Parada
15. Alien
20. Mystery Men

Devilham said...

19. Caddyshacks

Splotchy said...

19. Mr. Mom

Splotchy said...

09. The Edge

Great, now I have Anthony Hopkins shouting that in my head.

Splotchy said...

05. Interview With A Vampire?

Devilham said...

Actually, 8. could be Mad Max, now that I think about it...but I am sticking with Robocop

BeckEye said...

Ugh, I feel so lame.

5. Interview With a Vampire?
10. I'm torn between Major League or Bull Durham. I think it's Bull Durham.
12. The Devil Wears Prada
17. Better Off Dead
19. Mr. Mom

Blackwing Rose said...

2. Heathers
7. Die Hard
17. Dammit....I know this one, but it's not coming to me.

grandpaboy said...

2. Heathers
4. The Muppet Movie
7. Die Hard
8. RoboCop
10. Bull Durham
11. uh, Tank Girl?
13. Red Dawn
15. Aliens
16. uh, The Man with One Red Shoe
17. Better Off Dead
19. Mitchell!

Rol said...

5 is Let The Right One In, which I finally got to see this weekend.

buzz said...

13 -- THE HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER

Anonymous said...

1. Tombstone
I love that movie.

I'm your huckleberry...

rocinante said...

#17 - The Jerk

Tommy Salami said...

13. Hunt for Red October. Doh, someone got that already.
14. The Last Starfighter
17. Men at Work (also used in Better Off Dead)
6. Newsies

Steve said...

Wow thought I got here early enough tonight!
Well at least I knew #7 which means i'm a gazillion percent ahead of my knowledge of teh last 4 quizzes!

Anonymous said...

Dang it, the only one I have a guess at is #4 being Little Miss Sunshine, but thinking about it, The Muppet Movie does make sense, I can almost hear Fozzy saying he's going to Bombay to be a star...

Once again, though, I am in awe of the number of quotes that stump me, and will later cause me to slap my head in frustration.

Tobias said...

5. Let the Right One In
16. Forgetting Sarah Marshall

deejay4d3 said...

Everytime I try to do one of your quizzes I feel like a little part of me dies. I realize how little I know about movies. I only got three of these this time.

wiec? said...

15. Alien (not aliens) yaphet Koto says it.

i have to quit this 2nd job. i keep missing these tues. quizes. stupid 2nd job.

Payo said...

!8 is from Observe and Report. How timely.

Becca said...

And now the answers:

1. Tombstone
2. Heathers
3. The Godfather, Part II
4. The Muppet Movie
5. Let the Right One In
6. Newsies
7. Die Hard
8. RoboCop
9. The Edge
10. Bull Durham
11. Transformers: The Movie
12. The Devil Wears Prada
13. The Hunt for Red October
14. The Last Starfighter
15. Alien
16. Forgetting Sarah Marshall
17. Better Off Dead
18. Observe and Report
19. Mr. Mom
20. Mystery Men

Pete said...

5. let the right one in