Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Commission Drive!

**I'm just over half-way to my goal so I'm going to leave this post at the top for a few days...but the quote quiz is beneath it :)**


Without getting into a lot of detail...this last year has been a pretty tough year for me financially. And like a lot of people right now I'm finding my wallet stretched in ways I couldn't have foreseen even six months ago (lets just say the word overdrawn has come up too many times in conversation lately). For the last several years I have been getting the most exposure for my art at Chicago's big Wizard World comic book convention, but because of my financial woes I don't think I will be able to afford to pay the $300 for a table this year. This is a heartbreaking concept for me but I thought maybe you all could help me...

I need to make at least $300 in the next month so I am having a commission drive and until June 5th I am offering to do commissions at a reduced price! It's like one of those PBS drives only this one has a lot less Yanni and Josh Groban ;).

Commission Prices:
-11x14" color drawings $15 each (including shipping)

-11x14" Black and White drawings $10 each (including shipping)

-Artist Trading Card with fancy matching envelope $5 each (including stamp :)

The drawings can be anything you choose, no subject is too taboo, no request will be denied (within reason ;). I'll even draw Yanni if you want...but who wants that? I hear he cut his hair.



-I am also still selling issues of my Super Hip Girls comic $2.00 extra with any order or comic alone $5.00


-The Bombshell Sketchbook (a fun collection of sexy pin-ups) $4.00 extra with any order or sketchbook alone $7.00


-And I am also selling copies of my limited edition/ numbered Robot print (can you name them all?) $3.00 extra with any order or print alone $5.00


I accept personal check, money order and PayPal as forms of payment. Just contact me at ladygorgon@yahoo.com for questions or to place an order.

Thanks and you guys really do all rock and any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

11 comments:

Neil Sarver said...

Count me in! Give me a couple of days to figure out what I'll commission...

Steve said...

I just emailed you my order!

Arkonbey said...

Becca, speaking of money:

http://www.dynamiteentertainment.com/htmlfiles/submissions.html


http://www.imagecomics.com/submissions.php

http://www.darkhorse.com/Company/Submissions

Hmmmm?

Bubbashelby said...

Love your style - I'll have to take you up on this soon!

wiec? said...

cool idea! need a day or so to think up something for that commish though.

gotta get one of those Robot prints too.

good luck Becca!

Mr. Canacorn said...

Not only did Yanni cut his glorious locks but he shaved off his beautiful mustache.

These are dark days....

The Vicar of VHS said...

Sent my commission request last night! Hope everyone else does the same!

Good luck, Becca!

Hannah said...

$300 for a table?! Holy crap! Best of luck raising funds! Your artwork is awesome!:)

Arkonbey said...

Hey,David Carradine is dead.

my co-worker is freaked out by it, even though she'd never heard of the show, Kung Fu

Chris said...

Great stuff. It makes me very happy in my space pants.

"Chris is Starving!"

Erik Donald France said...

I'll think of a commission and hope it's not too late for a win-win. How about Edie Sedgwick with Bob Dylan at the Chelsea Hotel?

Also, check out the $50 contest for Motor City Burning Press logo! There's a link on my blog.