Monday, May 11, 2009

Guess That Movie Week 88

This week all the quotes come from various Star Trek movies. Just to make it interesting there could be more than one quote from any of the movies, but the quotes all come from movies, not any of the TV shows. P.S. there's a trick one in here, I'll give an extra point to the person who correctly identifies it...

Here are the rules:
If you know or think you know an answer leave your guess in the comments section. As people guess I will grey it out and give them credit (using google to find the answers will disqualify you(...I know all and see all...), the person who has the most correct guesses each week will get a fun movie genius award to decorate their blog. Any person who wins 5 weeks (consecutive or non-consecutive) will earn a Movie Master award and must then refrain from guessing for 5 weeks.

Now the guessing!

1. "Reports of my assimilation have been greatly exaggerated." Lee

2. "Spock, this 'child' is about to wipe out every living thing on Earth. Now, what do you suggest we do? Spank it?"
"It knows only that it needs, Commander. But, like so many of us... it does not know what." Lee

3. "No, I'm from Iowa, I only work in space." Lee

4. "You have not experienced Shakespeare until you have read him in the original Klingon." Lee

5. "Did we make a difference?"
"Oh, yes. We made a difference." Lee

6. "The crew has responded with the dedication I've come to expect from them... And like a thousand other commanders on a thousand other battlefields, I wait for the dawn."

7. "This is a new brig, Captain. Completely escape-proof. To guarantee that, they used the most intelligent, most resourceful person they could find. He was unable to escape."
"This person didn't happen to have pointed ears, and a propensity for getting his shipmates in trouble, did he?"
"He did have pointed ears." Lee

8. "To the last, I will grapple with thee... from Hell's heart, I stab at thee! For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee!" Lee

9. "You think it's possible for two people to go back in time, undo a mistake they've made?"
"On this ship? Anything's possible..." Lee

10. "My God, Bones... what have I done?"
"What you had to do. What you always do: turn death into a fighting chance to live." Lee

11. "I don't need a doctor, dammit. I am a doctor!" Lee

12. "Excuse me, sir! Can you direct us to the naval base in Alameda? It's where they keep the nuclear wessels." Lee

13. "You are an imperfect being, created by an imperfect being. Finding your weakness is only a matter of time." Lee

14. "There is an old Vulcan proverb: only Nixon could go to China." Lee

15. "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence." Lee

16. "Uh, hi guys. They're telling me that the, uh, engines, they can't take it. The ship is falling apart. Just F.Y.I." Lee

17. "The Kobayashi Maru scenario frequently wreaks havoc on students and equipment. As I recall you took the test three times yourself. Your final solution was, shall we say, unique?"
"It had the virtue of never having been tried." Lee

18. "You're joking!"
"A joke... is a story with a humorous climax." Lee

19. "Life forms! You tiny little life forms! You precious little life forms! Where are you?" Lee

20. "Each of us... at some time in our lives, turns to someone - a father, a brother, a God... and asks...'Why am I here? What was I meant to be?'" Lee

21. "Romulan ale should be illegal."
"It is."

22. "I'll tell you one thing, Spock: You never cease to amaze me."
"Nor I, myself." Lee

23. " Of course! We are one big, happy fleet! Ah, Kirk, my old friend, do you know the Klingon proverb that tells us revenge is a dish that is best served cold? It is very cold in space!" Lee

24. "So what type of combat training do you have?"
"Fencing." Lee

25. "Jim. Your name is Jim." Lee

**Update**
Wow! Lee is amazing! He correctly identified 23 of the 25 quotes including the trick Galaxy Quest quote! Way to go Lee, you truly are amazing! You may collect your award below:


Come on back next Tuesday for more movie guessing fun! I will post the answers in the comments.

8 comments:

Lee said...

1. Picard in First Contact
2. Star Trek the motion picture
3. Star Trek 4 the voyage home
4. Star Trek 6 undiscovered country
5. Generations
6. Insurrection??
7. Star Trek 5 - final frontier
8. Wrath of Khan
9. Insurrection
10. Star Trek 3 Search for Spock
11. Star Trek
12. Star Trek 4
13. First Contact
14. Star Trek 6
15. Star Trek
16. Galaxy Quest
17. Star Trek 2
18. Star Trek 4
19. Generations
20. Star Trek Motion Picture
21. Star Trek 6?
22. Star Trek 5
23. Star Trek 2
24. Star Trek
25. Star Trek 3 and 4

Anonymous said...

Excuse me while I go off and rant...

Congratulations, Lee, you magnificent ba***rd.

Lee said...

Thanking you kindly Anon - I was born for that one guess the quote quiz though there are two lines in there that I'm not comfortable with. But they are next gen movies and I don't claim mastery over them.

Sadly that is all I'm good for :(

Arkonbey said...

why do I even bother reading the Movie Weeks?

John Hazard said...

Nerds.

(so jealous!)

G. Scott said...

(Assuming I'm not violating some unspoken rule by paying the blogmistress a personal compliment):

Curvy, curvy, mostly-naked costumed women and an all-Trek movie quiz? You're the *awesomest*, Becca!

Becca said...

G. Scott-
Awww you are too sweet! And I am always happy to share my love of curvy half-naked women with the world :)

And now the answers:
1. Star Trek: First Contact
2. Star Trek: The Motion Picture
3. Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
4. Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
5. Star Trek: Generations
6. Star Trek: Nemesis
7. Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
8. Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
9. Star Trek: Insurrection
10. Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
11. Star Trek (2009)
12. Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
13. Star Trek: First Contact
14. Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
15. Star Trek (2009)
16. Galaxy Quest
17. Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
18. Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
19. Star Trek: Generations
20. Star Trek: The Motion Picture
21. Star Trek: Nemesis
22. Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
23. Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
24. Star Trek (2009)
25. Star Trek III: The Search for Spock

Steve said...

sure i am a couple days late and its all trek! LOL